The Reaxys Advisory Board
The Reaxys Advisory Board is the compass for Reaxys and the visionary force behind the Reaxys PhD Prize. The board members are internationally recognized leaders in chemistry. These visionary and influential scientists are charged with providing strategic guidance for the efforts of the PhD Prize organizers.
The Board identifies directions and focus areas that drive the development of Reaxys. Each member is committed to cultivating the enormous creativity and new perspectives of brilliant young chemists through the Reaxys PhD Prize. They are responsible for guiding the Review Committee in their work.
Who are the members?
The current membership of the Reaxys Advisory Board is:
- Professor Martin Jansen of the Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research, Germany
- Professor Eiichi Nakamura of the University of Tokyo, Japan
- Professor Cristina Nevado of University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Professor Ged Parkin of Columbia University, United States
- Professor Barry M. Trost of Stanford University, United States
- Professor Henry N. C. Wong of the Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
- Professor Li-Zhu Wu, Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Dr. Tommi Meulemans, Merachem, The Netherlands
- Dr. Andrew Thomas, Helvetica Capital AG, Switzerland (former Global Head of Medicinal Chemistry at Roche, Switzerland)
The Reaxys Advisory Board meets annually with the Reaxys team. Their advice and support has been instrumental in:
- Planning the visionary framework of the Reaxys PhD Prize
- Steering Reaxys development efforts with critical and insightful feedback
- Supporting the young minds that join the Reaxys Prize Club each year
- Making the Reaxys PhD Prize Symposium a resounding success through their involvement, inspiring presentations and meaningful contributions to discussions