Accurate answers for chemistry research
Get accurate answers, precise data and relevant full-text literature from a unique collection that's expertly curated and indexed for maximum discoverability.
See how Reaxys can benefit your organization.
How Reaxys delivers the right answers
Even superior search technology can only deliver all the right answers if it accesses a comprehensive collection of relevant material. With Reaxys and Reaxys Medicinal Chemistry, users can be confident that answers received are accurate and relevant.
The answers delivered by Reaxys come from an expertly curated and indexed collection of content that uniquely combines peer-reviewed literature, patents, conference abstracts, and substance data from publicly available and proprietary databases. Reaxys offers extensive coverage of authoritative information in organic, inorganic and organometallic chemistry dating as far back as 1771.
> 105 million
organic, inorganic, and organometallic compounds
≻ 42 million
> 500 million
published experimental facts
years of chemistry
indexing sources for a cross-disciplinary view of chemistry
Why Reaxys Medicinal Chemistry is a unique solution
Reaxys Medicinal Chemistry gives users access to the world’s largest and best-organized collection of medicinal chemistry content, including literature, patents and third-party databases. All the data are harmonized using Reaxys’ standards for chemicals, targets and bioactivities. Elsevier life science experts normalize the data; map concepts and glossaries; and remove inconsistent data and duplicate citations.
The essential pharmaceutical data includes:
> 33.5 million
> 6.5 million
This unique collection of data is sourced from:
drug discovery and
Indexing and connections for cross-disciplinary research
Many modern chemistry challenges are being addressed in cross-disciplinary research projects. To ensure that Reaxys users can get a broader picture, Reaxys content is indexed with 6 separate sources of terms.
Excellent chemistry patent coverage
The following table summarizes the patent coverage in Reaxys:
|Patent offices||Period covered||Indexed content|
|English-language patents from World,|
US, and European patent offices
|As above and:|
|China, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan|
patent offices in original language with
|As for WO, US and EP patent offices|
The following International Patent Classification (IPC) codes are currently indexed in Reaxys for all patent offices listed above:
- Main IPC C07 (without C07H21 and C07K)
- Main IPC A61K31 with secondary IPC C07
- Main IPC A61K without A61K31 and without secondary IPC C07
- Main IPC C09B
- Main IPC A01N
Other more specific IPCs that are covered in Reaxys too:
- A01N - preservation of bodies of humans, animals, plants or parts thereof, and biocides.
- A61K - preparations for medical, dental or cosmetics.
- C07B - general methods of organic chemistry, apparatus thereof.
- C07C - acyclic or carbocyclic compounds.
- C07F - acyclic or carbocyclic compounds or heterocyclic compounds containing elements other than carbon, hydrogen, halogen, oxygen, nitrogen, sulfur, selenium or tellurium.
- C07G - compounds of unknown constitution.
- C07J - steroids.
- C07H - sugars, derivatives thereof, nucleosides, nucleotides, nucleic acids (without C07H21 nucleic acids).
- C07M - indexing scheme associated with subclasses C07B to C07K, relating to specific properties of organic compounds.
- C09B - organic dyes or closely-related compounds for producing dyes, mordants, lakes.
Please note: Reaxys indexes example compounds (incl. associated data and reaction information) and prophetic compounds from patents. For prophetic compounds, the limit is at 500 minus the number of example compounds.