Integrating Reaxys with other chemistry research systems
Reaxys is designed to be part of a larger research system. It offers multiple options for integration with other chemistry search and analytics tools. It also connects with other R&D Solutions from Elsevier, like PharmaPendium, Scopus and ScienceDirect.
See how Reaxys can benefit your organization.
Access Reaxys through your own system with the Application Programming Interface
Reaxys supports the retrieval of chemistry reaction and substance data, including bioactivities, as well as citations, through an application that can be implemented for HTML web browsers on several platforms.
The Reaxys Application Programming Interface (API) provides a different way of accessing the Reaxys database, allowing programmers to create their own direct interface to the native Reaxys data. The API retrieves the data in XML format.
This functionality is available from the Reaxys API and Reaxys Medicinal Chemistry API. KNIME nodes and Pipeline Pilot components are available to fully support work with those systems.
Contact us to set up a meeting to review how the API could work for you.
Want advice on seamlessly integrated cheminformatics workflows?
Our Life Sciences Professional Services team will be happy to assist you.
Other options for sharing and integrating search results:
- The Reaxys Structure Flat File delivers structures, related fact and reaction data and patent information for in-house use, e.g., structural analog searching and assessments of the uniqueness of a compound.
- Reaxys Export is a simple way to export and share search results. Clicking on Export in any result gives numerous format options suitable for any post-processing workflows.
- Reaxys is compatible with electronic lab notebooks (ELNs) from major suppliers, including Accelrys, Perkin Elmer and IDBS.
When you need to incorporate Reaxys database and tools into your cheminformatics environment for robust and complete chemistry research workflows, we’re ready to help with a range of straightforward methods.
Connecting with Elsevier's R&D Solutions
Reaxys offers direct links to other R&D Solutions from Elsevier to streamline the work of subscribers to multiple solutions. This includes links from:
- Citation information directly to the relevant results in Scopus
- Document results to full-text articles in ScienceDirect
- Drug-like compounds to regulatory information in PharmaPendium
What our customers say
Developing highly sought-after lead compounds for unmet medical needs
As a developer of lead compounds, Hager Biosciences needs reliable access to accurate medicinal chemistry and synthesis data. As a start-up, they need rapid research workflows to remain competitive. Dr. Bel Mekonnen, CEO of Hager Biosciences, considers Reaxys and Reaxys Medicinal Chemistry perfect for his company's needs.
Saving time with relevant data for chemical R&D decisions
In the competitve world of modern R&D, research chemists
have to gather relevant information and make
informed decisions quickly. In this exclusive
interview, Dr. Peter Witte of BASF reveals how Reaxys
helps in the discovery and development of his team's
work on catalysts. He also talks about how looking at
reaction conditions can help in the important drive
Read the case study