Search & Retrieval
- Search a single database or across multiple databases simultaneously with the ability to use our deduplication feature to find the most relevant records.
- Choose Quick, Expert, and Thesaurus search options, which allow you to run comprehensive searches. From these forms, you also have the ability to save searches, create alerts, and combine searches.
- Refine results by controlled vocabulary, document type, year, author, affiliation, language, treatment type, IPC code, and more.
- View the record in full details and find more information like citations, author details, and recommended records.
- Link to full-text articles and other library resources using CrossRef and other services.
The thesauri on Engineering Village comprise the controlled vocabulary used to index articles in the Compendex, Inspec, GeoRef, GEOBASE and EnCompass databases. Controlled vocabulary is used to standardize the way articles are indexed, enabling consistent and precise search and retrieval.
Tagging & Groups
Tag records with user-defined keywords so it's easy to find them again. You can also search other users' tags to gain new perspectives. Engineering Village lets you choose if, when, and how to collaborate. You can create groups and share tagged records within companies or institutions, or with the entire Engineering Village community.
Engineering Village's mapping tool uses Google map technology to plot geographical locations from GeoRef and GEOBASE search results on a digital map, giving further insight into the geographical context of results.
Register on Engineering Village so you can take advantage of personalized features that can enhance your research and help you stay up to date with the latest information.
- Personalized email alerts and RSS feeds.
- Ability to save searches and create personalized folders.
- My preferences feature that allows you to set your preferred search settings and options.
- Ask an Expert
Ask an Expert
Get answers to "how-to" questions through our Ask an Expert service, which has been customized for your institution, librarian or one of our Product Specialists. You'll find this useful link in the navigation bar at the top of every Engineering Village page.
Engineering Village interoperability with Scopus
If you are using both Engineering Village and Scopus, you will discover you can automatically link from the record in Engineering Village to the relevant record in Scopus. From within Compendex or Inspec you can find the Scopus cited-by count for records with one or more citations as well as author profile links. Conversely, you can link from Scopus to Engineering Village.
Engineering Village is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
The features, content, and functionality on Engineering Village are designed to be accessible to all users and devices. We strive to adhere to the U.S. Section 508 Guidelines for Web as well as meet the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. Download the 2017 VPAT WCAG 2.0 evaluation (PDF, 434kb) for Engineering Village.
For any questions about accessibility, please contact the Elsevier accessibility support group at email@example.com.