Improve engineering research success
Engineering Village has the search, analytics, and navigation tools that engineers need to efficiently generate research, assess the impact and relevancy of critical information, and discover new insights for addressing the world’s toughest engineering challenges. All content and features are designed for engineers, so results and outcomes are always engineering-relevant.
What our users say
Our users agree that Engineering Village helps them:
- Perform engineering literature reviews and research
- Gain background information related to a project
- Stay informed about advances in their field
When completing a literature review for my thesis, I relied heavily on Engineering Village to ensure my research is cutting edge.Graduate Student @ Academic Institution
How Engineering Village makes engineering research more successful
steelin Compendex within Engineering Village recommends a selection of search terms related to the Metallurgy and practical applications of the alloy that is the backbone of industry.
| || |
Quickly discover engineering literature
- Search several engineering databases with multiple search options to comprehensively uncover engineering insights, with journals, standards, conference proceedings, and more;
- Thesaurus search and controlled vocabulary creates a standardized and reliable discovery mechanism for locating relevant information;
- Powerful indexing makes finding results easy with no need to understand complex taxonomies to discover pertinent information;
- Customization options make finding engineering research faster.
Analyze and scope the engineering research landscape
- Facets enable users to narrow and refine research results, while also analyzing trends;
- Trend charts graphically summarize information for fast processing of complex data which can then be used in reports, presentations, etc.;
- PlumX metrics helps users evaluate the impact and relevancy of articles, assisting in overall research decision-making.
|Improve efficiency of searching||Controlled terms|
|Narrow search scope to find relevant documents||
|Discover related documents that may otherwise have been undiscovered||
|Quickly identify and analyze trends|||
|Pinpoint your search with precision|
|Explore interconnected topics||Thesaurus search|
Stay informed and collaborate
- Alert features automatically push the latest updates to end users to help them stay current with most recent engineering trends;
- Sharing options enable users to collaborate and create customized repositories of relevant information.
Capabilities exclusively made for engineers
- Numerical data indexing and the numeric search filter enable consistency and precision in numeric-based searches;
- Engineering School Profile helps engineering departments make data-driven decisions about grant funding, research focus, and overall strategy.
Engineering Village is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
The features, content, and functionality on Engineering Village are designed to be accessible to all users and devices. We strive to adhere to the U.S. Section 508 Guidelines for Web as well as meet the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. Download the 2020 VPAT WCAG 2.0 evaluation (PDF, 213.2 KB) for Engineering Village.
For any questions about accessibility, please contact the Elsevier accessibility support group at email@example.com.