Openly share your educational materials
Support student attraction, engagement and success by using Digital Commons to manage and share your open educational resources (OER):
- Demonstrate your unique teaching approaches to prospective students
- Equitably support in-classroom and remote education by openly sharing faculty-created course materials including syllabi, open textbooks, lecture notes, instructional audio & video files, lab manuals & more
- Track & report program success to faculty & university leaders
Promote your open scholarship to help build your institution’s reputation
- Establish a lasting & accessible home for program information
- Support student affordability initiatives
- Share administrative documents,
memos & announcements to be utilized by students, faculty & staff
- Promote OER grants to faculty & manage submissions
We help address student retention with open textbooks. Higher administration stakeholders are seeing the value of open educational resources (OERs) and their part in increasing the student population.
—Karen Bjork, Head of Digital Initiatives, Portland State University
Interested in effectively managing your open educational resources?
Please fill out the form to request a personal consultation.
Give your OER greater visibility on the Teaching Commons
OER content posted to your Digital Commons repository can be made available on the Teaching Commons. Thoughtfully curated scholarship from the Digital Commons Community is cross-listed by type of material and subject matter while remaining permanently associated with each host institution. By joining the Digital Commons Community, you’ll have one more way to openly share your OER with the world.