Journals in Social Sciences
Welcome to the Social sciences (includes Archaeology, Education, Geography planning and development, Health, Library and information science, and Linguistics and language) journals area of Elsevier. Elsevier is a leading publisher in the field of social and political, publishing highly respected, peer-reviewed journals.
Journal authors resources
Every year, we accept and publish more than 470,000 journal articles. Publishing in an Elsevier journal starts with finding the right journal for your paper. If you already know the journal to which you want to submit, you can enter the title directly in the find a journal search box. Alternatively, you can match the abstract of your article to a journal.
Open access options
Open access lies at the core of Elsevier’s publishing mission – in fact, today, almost all of our journals offer open access options. That means finding the right open access home for your research is easy.
Whatever route you choose, publishing with Elsevier means your work benefits from the input of expert editors and reviewers. And if you publish gold open access, it is immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download from ScienceDirect. Our gold OA titles also feature in major indexes and databases.
News and article collections
- Elsevier Linguistic TreeElsevier Linguistics Tree – The details
- The Geography of Food: An Article Selection
- Read the health studies articles related to sustainability
- Read the SSM – Population Health articles your peers are talking about online
- Recommended medical anthropology research from Social Science & Medicine
IRIS: a digital repository of data collection materials used in research into second language learning and teaching
IRIS is a free digital repository for downloading, uploading and requesting data collection materials used in research into second language learning and teaching: www.iris-database.org. IRIS contains a wide range of instruments including interview and observation schedules, language tests and stimuli, pictures, questionnaires, software scripts, URL links, word lists, teaching intervention activities and many more. Initially funded by the ESRC, IRIS is now a long-term Academy Research Project, funded by the British Academy.
Discounted society personal subscription rates
Reduced personal journal subscriptions are available for various journals to members of:
- African Evaluation Association
- American Evaluation Association
- Association for Educational Research
- British Association for International and Comparative Education
- Comparative and International Education Society
- Eastern Evaluation and Research Society
- European Association for Research in Learning and Instruction
- International Association for Educational Assessment
- Consortium for Research on Educational Accountability and Teacher Education
Contact your regional sales offices for more information.