Agreement between Bulgaria and Elsevier
Elsevier and the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Bulgaria have established an agreement to support authors in Bulgaria who wish to publish open access. The cost of publishing open access is covered under the terms of this agreement. When publishing open access in hybrid journals, eligible corresponding authors do not have to pay an article publishing charge (APC).
How does the process work?
The process of publishing under the agreement is straightforward:
- Step 1 – Once the journal accepts your article, you will receive an email containing a link to the “post acceptance author journey”.
- Step 2 – You will be asked to review your affiliation and funder details. Based on this information, you will see personalised publishing options including the option to publish under the agreement.
- Step 3 – You will confirm your publishing choices and complete the post acceptance journey.
- Step 4 – Your institution will validate your eligibility for the agreement
- Step 5 – You and your co-authors will receive an email to confirm that the APC will be covered by the agreement. Please note that the number of APCs included under the agreement is fixed and will be allocated based on date of acceptance.
During the submission process, the system will present you with personalised publishing options including any agreement or offer that you may be eligible for. You can indicate your publishing choice during submission, but you are not required to finalize your choice until after acceptance.
What are the author benefits of publishing open access with Elsevier?
When you publish open access with Elsevier, you get the attention you deserve. We offer authors:
- Choice – We have open access journals across every scientific discipline.
- Support –Receive expert support throughout submission, during peer review, and post-acceptance.
- Visibility – Your final published article will be published on ScienceDirect, the number one research platform in the world.
To learn more about the benefits of publishing open access with Elsevier visit our Open Access Author Hub.
Are there other publishing options?
Authors can continue to choose to publish under the subscription model which includes the option to self-archive their manuscript (Green Open Access) in line with Elsevier’s sharing policy.
Articles must have an original acceptance date between 1 March 2022 and 28 February 2025.
With this agreement, authors have a choice between a commercial (CC BY) or non-commercial (CC BY-NC-ND) license. The licence choice is dependent on the journal selected. Please refer to the journal's homepage for specific details.
The following article types are part of this agreement:
- Case reports
- Data in Briefs
- Full-length articles
- Original software publication
- Practice guidelines
- Review articles
- Replication studies
- Short communications
- Short surveys
- Video articles