Agreement for the Bulgarian National Consortium with Elsevier
Elsevier has entered into a pilot agreement with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Bulgaria. This agreement helps authors affiliated with member institutions of the Bulgarian National Consortium to publish their research open access in Elsevier journals without having to pay an APC. The cost of publishing open access is covered under the terms of the agreement.
This agreement is effective until the end of February 2025.
Supporting authors in Bulgaria
This agreement supports corresponding authors affiliated with a Hungarian participating institution, regardless of the department in which they work.
Authors who publish under this agreement can:
- Publish their peer-reviewed research open access, at no charge to the author.
- Publish eligible articles in a wide variety of participating Elsevier journals across disciplines.
- Rely on high-quality peer-review and experienced editorial support.
- The corresponding author must be affiliated with a participating institution.
- Articles must be accepted for publication between 01.03.2022 and 28.02.2025.
Instructions for corresponding authors
- Once your article has been accepted for publication in a participating journal, you will receive an email containing a link to the “post-acceptance author journey”. Upon selecting the open access publishing option, your affiliation will be validated by your institution, and you will be informed if the APC will be covered by the agreement.
Upon publication, your final published open access article will be made freely available on ScienceDirect, the world’s largest publishing platform, under your choice of open access license (CC BY or CC BY-NC-ND).
Other open access publishing options for authors
Bulgarian authors can continue to choose to publish under the subscription model and self-archive their manuscript (Green Open Access) in line with Elsevier’s sharing policy.
Learn more about the benefits of publishing open access with Elsevier by visiting our Open Access Author Hub