Journals in Neuroscience
Welcome to the Neuroscience area of Elsevier.com which provides you with access to news, resources and information about Elsevier's publications in Neuroscience. By delivering first class information and innovative tools, we continue to refine our portfolio to serve the research need of educators, researchers and students worldwide.
We are proud to play an integral part within the Neuroscience community and to participate in the advancement of this field. All our journals are available online via ScienceDirect, www.sciencedirect.com, the essential information resource for over 14 million scientists worldwide.
Rethink the way you publish
Undoubtedly you have experienced the short comings and occasional frustrations associated with the manuscripts submission and peer review processes. Our aim is to help facilitate and develop fast, effective and truly innovative solutions to improve the overall manuscript submission and peer review process for all individuals concerned.
- Faster publication
- Maximise your publication options
- Benefit from keeping the first submission date of your manuscript
- Remain in control of the submission process with minimal effort
Article Transfer Service
If your manuscript submission gets rejected, the editor may suggest to transfer your manuscript to a more suitable journal.
No need to resubmit, no need to reformat.
Open access options
Open access lies at the core of Elsevier’s publishing mission – in fact, today, more than 90 percent of the journals we launch are gold OA and over 1,900 of our subscription titles offer gold OA options. That means finding the right open access home for your research is easy.
Whatever route you choose, publishing with Elsevier means your work benefits from the input of expert editors and reviewers. And if you publish gold open access, it is immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download from ScienceDirect. Our gold OA titles also feature in major indexes and databases.
Top open access downloads
- Stress & the gut-brain axis: Regulation by the microbiome
Neurobiology of Stress
- Sleep deprivation impairs recognition of specific emotions
Neurobiology of Sleep and Circadian Rhythms
- Using deep learning to investigate the neuroimaging correlates of psychiatric and neurological disorders: Methods and applications
Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews
- Dynamic causal modelling revisited
- Neural evidence for enhanced attention to mistakes among school-aged children with a growth mindset
Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience
- Zika virus: History, epidemiology, transmission, and clinical presentation
Journal of Neuroimmunology
- Autoantibody-mediated diseases of the CNS: Structure, dysfunction and therapy
- Uncertainty and stress: Why it causes diseases and how it is mastered by the brain
Progress in Neurobiology
- Action perception as hypothesis testing
- Pharmacogenomics in epilepsy
Ethics in research and publication
Make valuable and lasting contributions to the health and future of society. Understanding the ethical boundaries in scientific research and publishing is a key step in making sure your work gets off to the best start. From there, anything's possible.
The Ethics in Research & Publication program is the collaboration of an independent panel of experts in research and publishing ethics and Elsevier. Visit the website for resources and tools so you can proceed confidently.