Journals in Neuroscience
Welcome to the Neuroscience area of Elsevier.com which provides you with access to news, resources and information about Elsevier's publications in Neuroscience. By delivering first class information and innovative tools, we continue to refine our portfolio to serve the research need of educators, researchers and students worldwide.
We are proud to play an integral part within the Neuroscience community and to participate in the advancement of this field. All our journals are available online via ScienceDirect, www.sciencedirect.com, the essential information resource for over 14 million scientists worldwide.
Rethink the way you publish
Undoubtedly you have experienced the short comings and occasional frustrations associated with the manuscripts submission and peer review processes. Our aim is to help facilitate and develop fast, effective and truly innovative solutions to improve the overall manuscript submission and peer review process for all individuals concerned.
- Faster publication
- Maximise your publication options
- Benefit from keeping the first submission date of your manuscript
- Remain in control of the submission process with minimal effort
Article transfer service (ATS)
If your manuscript submission gets rejected, the editor may suggest to transfer your manuscript to a more suitable journal.No need to resubmit, no need to reformat.
Access to quality research is vital to the scientific community and beyond. We support sustainable access and work hard to provide a range of open access options alongside our access initiatives to ensure everyone can read, use and trust the latest research.
We are committed to working in partnership with the research community, librarians, funders and other stakeholders. Our Elsevier team is continually on the road meeting the community, participating in discussions and establishing partnerships which will help support increase access to research. Read more about our institutional and funding body agreements.
Top Open Access downloads
- Stress & the gut-brain axis: Regulation by the microbiome
Neurobiology of Stress
- Sleep deprivation impairs recognition of specific emotions
Neurobiology of Sleep and Circadian Rhythms
- Using deep learning to investigate the neuroimaging correlates of psychiatric and neurological disorders: Methods and applications
Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews
- Dynamic causal modelling revisited
- Neural evidence for enhanced attention to mistakes among school-aged children with a growth mindset
Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience
- Zika virus: History, epidemiology, transmission, and clinical presentation
Journal of Neuroimmunology
- Autoantibody-mediated diseases of the CNS: Structure, dysfunction and therapy
- Uncertainty and stress: Why it causes diseases and how it is mastered by the brain
Progress in Neurobiology
- Action perception as hypothesis testing
- Pharmacogenomics in epilepsy
Ethics in research and publication
Make valuable and lasting contributions to the health and future of society. Understanding the ethical boundaries in scientific research and publishing is a key step in making sure your work gets off to the best start. From there, anything's possible.
The Ethics in Research & Publication program is the collaboration of an independent panel of experts in research and publishing ethics and Elsevier. Visit the website for resources and tools so you can proceed confidently.