NuMat2018: The Nuclear Materials Conference
14–18 October 2018 | Seattle, WA, USA
The NuMat organizing committee wishes to announce the fifth meeting will be held at Motif Seattle, WA, USA from 14 – 18 October 2018. The fifth meeting follows our most successful NuMat, held in Montpellier in 2016, attracting nearly 500 delegates.
The nuclear materials conference, created in association with The Journal of Nuclear Materials, serves as an umbrella for international meetings on nuclear materials science related to fission and fusion reactors and the overall nuclear fuel cycle. NuMat 2018 will combine eight topic tracks in four parallel sessions, covering nuclear fuels, structural materials, molten salts and materials for waste management. There will be ten international keynote speakers, including the recipients of the Robert Cahn Award and the Journal of Nuclear Materials best paper award.
- Thermodynamics and Thermal Properties of Nuclear Fuels
- Structural and Functional Materials for Fission and Fusion Reactors
- Modelling and Simulation of Nuclear Fuels
- Modelling and Simulation of Structural Materials
- Behavior of Materials during Severe Accidents and Accident Tolerant Fuels
- Radiation Damage Processes in Materials and Complex Microstructures
- Characterization of Irradiated Materials and Nuclear Fuels Materials for the Nuclear Fuel Cycle
The organizers of NuMat encourage scientists involved in experimental and theoretical studies to participate in this conference, particularly in studies aimed at understanding fundamental properties of nuclear fuels and materials under irradiation.
We hope that you will join us in addressing the materials challenges in nuclear energy and we look forward to welcoming you to Seattle!
WARNING - SCAM ALERT: Exhibitor Housing Services (EHS) & Exhibitor Housing Management (EHM) Read more here!