15 - 17 May 2016 | Hyatt on the Bund, Shanghai, China
The 2nd Asian Sensory and Consumer Research Symposium
We are delighted to announce that the 2nd Asian Sensory and Consumer Research Symposium (SenseAsia 2016) will be held in Shanghai from 15-17th May 2016, building on the success of the first SenseAsia held in Singapore in 2014.
WARNING - SCAM ALERT: Exhibitor Housing Services (EHS) & Exhibitor Housing Management (EHM).
Elsevier has learned that a third-party company, Exhibitor Housing Services (EHS), also operating under the name Exhibitor Housing Management (EHM), is targeting Elsevier conference speakers and attendees with a fraudulent travel and hotel booking scheme. The company is calling and/or emailing conference speakers and attendees and falsely claiming it is the “official” housing bureau and/or authorized by Elsevier to book hotel and/or travel accommodations for the conference. This is entirely FALSE. Elsevier is not affiliated in any way with EHS or EHM.
The company makes a number of FALSE and FRAUDLENT claims about the conference designed to obtain your credit card information, including:
- There are issues with your hotel reservation for the conference;
- The hotel room rate for the conference has increased and/or rooms are running out and must be booked with EHS or EHM as soon as possible;
- Hotel rooms for the conference can only be booked through EHS or EHM;
- That EHS or EHM can get you a cheaper room rate than the conference organizers; or
- Hotel rooms for the conference are sold out and that they can help find you alternatives hotels.
Please be aware that this is a SCAM designed to obtain your credit card information and/or make phony charges to your credit card. Please exercise extreme caution when contacted by EHS or EHM. The EHS/EHM representatives are extremely pushy and prodding. We recommend that you do NOT give this company your credit card number, personal information, or any details about your hotel reservation. We have heard that conference speakers and attendees that have given EHS/EHM their credit card information have incurred substantial credit card charges (cancellation fees, service fees, etc). Additionally, the hotel room reservations are never made and the attendees are left without hotel reservations for the conference.
In the event that Elsevier contracts with ANY outside company, we will provide you that information DIRECTLY. If you receive a phone call from EHS/EHM or an e-mail sent from @ehshousing.com, please forward the information to email@example.com.
The conference, which attracted 300 delegates in Singapore, will focus on providing updates on key areas in sensory and consumer science by the world’s experts in these fields. In addition, the meeting will be a showcase for the region’s scientific and industrial practitioners to present their research in a prestigious, international context.
Topics covered include:
- Basic processes: psychophysics and physiology
- Developments in measures of food choice/preference
- Developments in sensory measures
- Sensory science and health
- Food choice and consumer behavior
- Cross-cultural influences on food choice
- Sensory and consumer research into non-food products
- Applications of sensory methods
- Sensory and Culinary
Join the Conversation