Pure International Conference
October 16 – 17, 2019 Prague, Czech Republic
The Pure User Community will meet this year in Prague, Czech Republic, for the 5th Pure International Conference and will feature sessions that cover a wide array of topics related to Research Information Management (RIM).
The Pure International Conference is primarily intended for the international community of Pure users - research administrators, research technology professionals and librarians - who are involved in performing RIM functions at their University or research Institution. Elsevier also reserves the right to accept registrations from Institutions, who are considering adopting a RIM system.
Pure International Conference 2019 will be a great forum to meet and learn from other Pure users across the globe. It will also be an opportunity to meet the Pure team, learn more about the future roadmap, and how Elsevier is investing to in integrations to make Pure a better Research Information Management System.
Call for Proposals
We invite the proposals for Pure International Conference 2019 on the following themes:
Theme 1: Narratives
- How to build a compelling narrative
- Data quality (Complete, Correct, Interconnected, Current and compliant)
- Sources and processes towards complete coverage
- Model fit for purpose. What is missing in the data model – where can it be expanded and enriched?
- Telling research narrative
- Finding the combination of data that can be used to tell the research narratives - Reporting module, pure portal, overview pages, using the web service etc
- Examples on how to make compelling stories based on, research problems Pure has solved.
- Using narrative for academic engagement
- How to identify and collaborate with the right persons/projects using Pure
- How to keep tabs on people/projects of interest
Theme 2: The Tech Track
The Tech Track is a mix of hands on sessions and talks from both the Pure team and clients. Come and hear how we see the future of Pure from a technical perspective and hear about the challenges of moving Pure into the future.
- How we develop new features with a mix of new and old
- How we use UX and quality engineers to balance it all.
Hands on, how to use our API to use Pure data in other solutions, how to extract data from Pure using the report module for use in other system.
We invite talks about, but not limited to:
- Reusing data from the Pure web service or reporting module in other systems.
- Switching hosting options from on-premise to hosted.
- Using analytics information from Pure or the Pure Portal.
- User Experience research, it’s important to institutions and how it can drive product change.
- The balance of different roles/backgrounds within teams.
Details required for submitting your proposal:
- Your contact details
- Title & abstract of submission
- Your professional headshot picture & brief biography
- The registration fees of Euro 250 will be waived, if your submission is accepted (limited to 1 lead presenter per submission).
- Registration is mandatory for every participating delegate including the speakers.
- Deadline to submit a proposal has now been extended till 16th August 2019
Prague Congress Centre
5. května 1640/65, 140 21 Praha 4-Nusle,
How to reach Prague Congress Centre:
The PCC is convenient to access by public transport from the city’s airport, and via all major rail and bus stations.
The venue is adjacent to Vyšehrad station, which can be accessed via Line C of the Prague underground railway network.
- From Prague International airport: 30 minutes by taxi/ 50 minutes by public transport (connection search here www.dpp.cz/en/)
- From Prague Train Station: 10 minutes by public transport (4 underground stops) From the city centre: 5 minutes by public transport (2 underground stops);
For more detailed directions please viait the PCC website: www.Praguecc.cz/en/how-to-get-here.
Delegate Registration Fee – 250 euro (including VAT)
The registration fee includes:
- Full access to the 2-day conference
- Lunch and refreshments during breakouts, as part of conference program
- Group networking dinner on 16th October
- Farewell drinks reception on 17th October
Please be advised that your registration fee does not include travel insurance, local accommodation and transportation.
Please ensure that you have your own insurance policy, accommodation & local travel arrangements done.
For visa letter, send an email to email@example.com.