Abstract Submission Deadline: 26 April 2019
Oral and paper abstracts are now invited on the below topics. They should be submitted using the online abstract submission system
- Individual-based modelling
- Spatial Simulation
- Movement ecology
- Dynamic energy budgets
- Models and (big) data
- Network modelling
- Software and tools
- Model integration, metamodels
Model application areas and general topics
- Socio-ecological systems
- Global, climate and land-use change
- Ecosystem services
- Biodiversity and conservation
- Community models
- Marine ecology and fisheries
- Freshwater Systems (lakes and rivers)
- Physics meets biodiversity: applications of theoretical physics in ecology and biogeography
- Biomonitoring and assessment of environmental stress: modelling approaches from individuals to communities
- Bioenergetics and ecological effects of stressors
- Modelling forest Ecosystems: latest trends and approaches
- The benefits of connecting vegetation modelling with remote sensing
- What is special about spatial models?
- Ecological Network Analysis
- Ecological Applications of Hybrid Models
- The design of open system modelling architectures toward a better understanding of multi-scale interactions in social-ecological systems
- Emergy and Environmental Accounting Models
- Natural disturbance modelling
- Individual- and agent-based modelling for theory and application
- Cross scale approaches in ecological modelling
- Temporal aggregation of environmental data
- Modelling integrated ecological (physical-ecological-social) systems: Challenges of establishing linkages to and from ecological components
- Spatiotemporal Methods for Aquatic Systems – Emerging Theories and Novel Applications
- Modelling the multi-functionality of landscapes
- Web services and associated infrastructures for ecological models and databases
Beyond these topics, contributions to the general session on ecological modelling are welcome!
Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt including an abstract reference number, which should be quoted in all correspondence. Allow at least 2 hours for your receipt to be returned to you.
Once the paper is accepted, at least one of the authors must register for the conference and present the paper at the conference.
For revisions or queries regarding papers already submitted
If you do not receive acknowledgement for your abstract submission or you wish to make any essential revisions to an abstract already submitted, please DO NOT RESUBMIT your abstract, as this may lead to duplication. Please contact us with details of any revisions or queries. Please quote your reference number if you have one.