Abstract submission has been reopened for oral and poster presentations. Deadline 31 July 2020
Please note, if you have already submitted an abstract, you should have already received a notification on acceptance of your poster or oral presentation and you do not need to do anything further.
For those of you who missed our prior abstract deadlines and now wish to submit an abstract for a poster or oral slot in the December session of AlgalBBB 2020 please submit your abstracts before 31 July 2020.
Your submission should be in the form of text, no more than 300 words long. If your abstract is accepted, it will be included in the conference app with abstract and program information.
2020 will cover all areas of emerging technologies in all areas of algal research, including microalgae, macroalgae, and biology, biotechnology, biomass production, cultivation, harvesting, extraction feedstock conversion into fuels, high value products and sustainability analyses.
In 2020, we look forward to hearing about the new emphasis on seaweed based systems, engineering advances, molecular characterization technologies (e.g., genomics, proteomics, metabolomics), strain engineering technologies for biofuels and high value products and pharmaceuticals design and control systems, and new technologies in characterization and analysis, among others.
- Algal Biology - Molecular Engineering and Synthetic Biology of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Biology - Biodiversity and Bioprospecting of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Biotechnology - Metabolic Regulation of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Cultivation - Phototrophic Systems in Open Ponds
- Algal Cultivation - Phototrophic Systems in Photobioreactors
- Algal Cultivation - Heterotrophic Systems, including utilization of waste waters for algal production
- Design, Engineering and Control
- Algal Harvesting and Extraction Systems
- Engineering of Biorefinery Systems, Technologies, and End-to-end Integration
- New Technologies in Support of Algal Research - Areas of Separation, Refining, Detection, Characterization and Analysis
- Engineering Technologies for Algal Biofuels - Thermal Catalytic and Non-Catalytic, and Enzymatic systems
- Algae Including High-Value Products and Co-products
- Life Cycle, Technoeconomic, and Sustainability Modeling and Analysis of Algal Production and Fuel Cycle Systems
All abstracts will be reviewed by the Committee to ensure that the topic of the submission is consistent with the scope of the topics covered at the meeting.
Once the abstract is accepted, at least one of the authors must register for and present at the conference.
A condition of submission is that, if accepted, the talk or poster will be presented at the conference by one of the authors.
Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt including an abstract reference number, which should be quoted in all correspondence. Allow at least 2 hours your receipt to be returned to you.
For revisions or queries regarding papers already submitted
If you do not receive acknowledgement your abstract submission or you wish to make any essential revisions to an abstract already submitted, please do not resubmit your abstract, as this may lead to duplication. Please contact the Conference Content Executive (Please do not email credit card information under any circumstances) with details of any revisions or queries. Please quote your reference number if you have one.