The abstract submissions deadline has now passed. Abstracts received from now on could only be considered for poster presentation.
Your submission should be in the form of text, no more than 300 words long. If your abstract is accepted, it will be included in our online abstract booklet that will be distributed to all conference participants.
The conference will cover all areas of emerging technologies in all areas of algal research, including microalgae, macroalgae, and cyanobacteria: biology, biomass production, cultivation, harvesting, extraction, biorefinery, feedstock conversion into fuels, bioproducts, and econometrics and sustainability analyses.
This year we look forward to specialized sessions in engineering topics, molecular characterization technologies (e.g., genomics, proteomics, metabolomics), strain engineering technologies for biofuels and high value products, photobioreactor design and control systems, and new technologies in characterization and analysis, among others.
Themes in algae research including microalgae, macroalgae and cyanobacteria:
- Algal Biology - Molecular Traits of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Biology - Metabolic Regulation of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Biology - Biodiversity and Bioprospecting of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Cultivation - Phototrophic Systems in Open Ponds
- Algal Cultivation - Phototrophic Systems in Photobioreactors
- Algal Cultivation - Heterotrophic Systems, including utilization of waste waters for algal production
- Algal Harvesting and Extraction Systems
- New Conversion Technologies for Algal Biofuels, including catalytic, thermal, and enzymatic systems
- Bioproducts from Algae Including High-Value Products and Co-products
- Life Cycle, Technoeconomic, and Sustainability Modeling and Analysis of Algal Production and Fuel Cycle Systems
- New technologies in support of algal research in the areas of separation, refining, detection, characterization and analysis
- Bioreactor design, engineering and control
- Biorefinery systems, technologies, and end-to-end integration
All abstracts will be reviewed by the Committee to ensure that the topic of the submission is consistent with the scope of the topics covered at the meeting.
Once the abstracts is accepted, at least one of the authors must register for and present at the conference.
A condition of submission is that, if accepted, the talk or poster will be presented at the conference by one of the authors.
Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt including an abstract reference number, which should be quoted in all correspondence. Allow at least 2 hours for your receipt to be returned to you.
For revisions or queries regarding papers already submitted
If you do not receive acknowledgement for your abstract submission or you wish to make any essential revisions to an abstract already submitted, please do not resubmit your abstract, as this may lead to duplication. Please contact the Conference Content Executive (Please do not email credit card information under any circumstances) with details of any revisions or queries. Please quote your reference number if you have one.