Digital Commons North American Conference 2023
October 9-11th, 2023: Miami, Florida
Conference: October 9th (full day)-October 10th (half day)
Institutional Repository (IR) Manager Certification Course: October 10th (half day)-October 11th (full day)
Digital Commons will hold its first ever in-person Digital Commons North American Conference on October 9th-11th 2023 in Miami, Florida. After two years of successfully hosting our conference virtually, we are excited to bring the energy, creativity, insights, and fun of the Digital Commons Conferences to a live event. This conference brings together a wide range of users to share knowledge, expertise and best practices in repository management, showcasing, journal hosting, showcasing institutional research, digital collections and Research Data Management.
For those who would like to join but cannot attend in-person, some presentations will also be offered virtually.
Institutional Repository (IR) Manager Certification Course
The Digital Commons Team have listened to your feedback and heard loud and clear that you’d like more hands-on training, and we are delighted to announce that the conference will be immediately followed by the IR Manager Certification Course for those that would like to register and attend in-person.
By attending the conference you will:
- Learn first-hand what’s new on the Digital Commons roadmap
- Be inspired by fellow IR managers’ new projects, successful outreach, workflows, and innovations with Digital Commons
- Hear from leaders in Research Data Management on data-sharing mandates and learn about best practices to support research data on your campus
- Learn more about supporting faculty profiles with the transition from EGS to Pure
- Expand your networks and meet other Digital Commons users during lightning talks, networking sessions, and more
- Meet the Digital Commons team in person
IR Manager Certification Course* attendees will:
- Develop a concrete set of IR best practices, goals, and benchmarks
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the Digital Commons software and its breadth of supported content
- Learn strategies to find, manage, and promote new content at your institution
- Train with a skilled consultant and use Digital Commons' reporting tools to demonstrate growth and impact to your stakeholders
- Earn a IR Manager Certificate
*The certification course is US$2,500 per attendee – this will cover dinner on Tuesday, breakfast and lunch on Wednesday and activities over the duration of the course. Registration for the course is commitment to the current course fee. Note: The certification fee is discounted until 31st July, after which the cost will increase to US$3,000 per person
Conference and IR Manager Certification Course registration
To register for the conference, and /or the IR Manager Certification Course, please click here. Attendees are responsible for booking and paying for their own accommodation, and one night’s stay is required as a deposit at the time of booking.
Hotel and venue information
The conference and certification course will take place in Miami, Florida at the THesis Hotel located at the intersection of Coral Gables, South Miami, and Coconut Grove. The hotel’s modern oasis offers easy access to a variety of local attractions and area destinations. From outdoor dining to high-end shopping, there is plenty to explore in the surrounding neighbourhood during your escape to the ‘City Beautiful’!
"Book your stay at the with the following link (THesis Hotel Miami | AAA Four Diamond Hotel in Coral Gables) or call the hotel to place a reservation at (888) 304-5055."
Your reservation must be guaranteed and accompanied by a first night’s room deposit, or guaranteed with a major credit card, which will be charged at the time of reservation. Reservations not cancelled within 72 hours prior to arrival, or no shows will be billed the first night’s room rate.
If you have any queries about the Digital Commons North American Conference 2023, please contact us at DCConference@elsevier.com.
We look forward to meeting you in Miami!