Nominations for the 2017 JCIS - Darsh Wasan Award can be submitted by any author or co-author to papers published in the Journal of Colloid and Interface Science during 2014-2016, but nominations must be supported by at least two such authors from different laboratories.
Nominations should include:
1) A nomination letter, clarifying insight into research achievements of the nominee, with particular focus placed on conceptual novelty and breakthrough contributions, on scientific innovation and translation towards applications, and on impact of the wor k. (Note: 1) Providing a clear and convincing support letter is key for maximizing chances for the nomination. 2) Self-nominations will not be considered.)
2) Support letters from at least one other scientist and Journal of Colloid and Interface Science author familiar with the work of the nominee. Such support letter(s) should come from a different laboratory than the nominating author.
3) A short CV of the nominee (max 5 pages), including details on
- Education, as well as previous and present positions
- Assignments (e.g., company Boards and Advisory Boards, appointments in journals, leadership in larger initiatives, academy fellowships, key roles in important committees, etc)
- Honours and awards
- List of 20 most important publications, including papers in JCIS
(Note: No further information from the nominee will be considered.)
The Awardee will be selected by a committee consisting of the editors of the Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, as well as two members from its Advisory Board.
Nominations should be sent as a single pdf file to Rob van Daalen, G.Daalen@elsevier.com, by 31 January 2017. Questions on the award can also be directed to Professor Martin Malmsten, Editor-in-Chief, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Awardee is expected to deliver a Plenary Lecture at the 7th International Colloids Conference in Sitges (near Barcelona), Spain June 18-21, 2017 as well as a feature article manuscript on the award lecture, to be published in the Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, subject to peer review. The Awardee will receive a 2,500 EUR honorarium, free registration at the 7th International Colloids Meeting, as well as travel reimbursement.