All Top-Ranked Hospitals in U.S. News & World Report 2015-2016 Best Hospitals Rankings Rely on Elsevier Clinical Solutions
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, provides clinical solution products and services to all of the hospitals that achieved Honor Roll status in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals and Best Children's Hospitals 2015-2016 rankings.
The Best Hospitals rankings are designed to help patients with life-threatening or rare conditions identify hospitals that excel in treating the most difficult cases. The rankings focus on 16 clinical specialties.
Highlighted results for the 2015-2016 rankings include:
- For the Best Hospitals category, 15 hospitals qualified for a spot on the Honor Roll by ranking at or near the top in six or more specialties.
- For the Best Children’s Hospitals category, 12 hospitals were named to the Honor Roll by garnering high scores in three or more specialties.
“Our clinical solutions address the specific needs of healthcare professionals by providing them with the tools they need at every stage of the patient journey,” said Jay Katzen, President, Elsevier Clinical Solutions. “We are proud to have our solutions used and trusted by the nation’s best hospitals, according to this ranking, and will continue to support these institutions as they seek better outcomes for their patients.”
Each of the Honor Roll hospitals uses at least one product or service from Elsevier Clinical Solutions – including the Mayo Clinic, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, The Cleveland Clinic, Duke University Hospital, and Massachusetts General Hospital – and the majority use more than one.
Elsevier serves more than 20 million healthcare professionals and is responsible for more than one quarter of all the medical content created globally. The products and services of Elsevier Clinical Solutions range from pharmaceutical and medical reference to clinical workflow and patient engagement, including:
- Point-of-care decision support solutions that integrate evidence-based content directly into Electronic Health Record (EHR)/Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems such as care planning, clinical documentation and order sets.
- The industry’s most comprehensive collection of clinical drug and diagnostic reference content as well as pharmacy and drug information, pricing, cost and analytics tools enable care managers to make effective and accurate drug decisions and benchmark optimal, available medication alternatives.
- Evidence-based patient education tools and interactive data collection that integrate, assess and deliver education resources across all care settings throughout the patient’s journey. This enables patients to actively participate in their care, both while in the hospital and post-hospitalization.
- Clinical reference and diagnostic decision support solutions that facilitate the ability to find and apply relevant knowledge to help physicians, nurses and pharmacists make better point-of-care decisions.
- Performance management tools and skills to track training, knowledge acquisition, and develop and maintain a high-performance team, which ensures consistent top performance in patient care and administrative management through evidence-based interactive training.
Elsevier is a global information analytics company that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancet and Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray's Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries. www.elsevier.com
Director, Corporate Relations
+1 917 704 5174