Elsevier and the United Nations University–World Institute for Developmental Economics Research (UNU-WIDER) have established an agreement to help enable open access for research commissioned and funded by UNU-WIDER. This enables authors to comply with the institute's open access policy. This agreement covers research published after 1st October 2013.
Gold open access
- Authors who are employed or funded by UNU-WIDER can publish their research open access in either an Elsevier open access journal or in a subscription journal which supports open access publishing.
- Upon publication, Elsevier will:
- Enable authors to identify themselves as being funded by UNU-WIDER via our funding body form.
- Use an exclusive agreement where UNU-WIDER will retain copyright
- Offer authors the choice of Creative Commons user licenses
- Add the CrossMark® identifier and links back to the authoritative version of record on ScienceDirect.
- Provide immediate and permanent free access to the final published article on ScienceDirect.
- When publishing gold open access, after acceptance a publication fee needs to be paid. These associated costs will be paid directly from UNU-WIDER to Elsevier. Upon the author's notification that their article is covered by the UNU-WIDER policy, no fee will be required to be paid during the publication process by the author.
- In addition to this, authors are also able to immediately post the final open access article to both an appropriate repository of UNU-WIDER and other relevant repository's of the author's choosing. Read more on author rights.
Green open access
- For articles which were published prior to 1st October 2013, authors are able to self-archive their:
Help and support
- For compliance queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org