Elsevier has established a funding body agreement with Parkinson's UK to help authors publishing in Elsevier journals comply and to facilitate a successful implementation of their policy. Details about how to comply are outlined below:
Parkinson's UK requires an electronic copy of any research papers that have been accepted for publication in a peer-reviewed journal, and are supported in whole or in part by Parkinson's UK funding, to be made available through PubMed Central (PMC) and Europe PubMed Central as soon as possible and at least within six months of publication. Authors can comply with Parkinson's UK open access policy by publishing gold open access in either an Elsevier Open Access Journal or in a subscription journal which supports open access publishing.
Gold open access
- For gold open access, a publication fee will need to be paid after acceptance. Parkinson's UK will provide grant holders with additional funding to cover open access fees, where appropriate (up to 2 years after the end of the grant), in order to meet these requirements. See Parkinson's UK website for more details. Elsevier's open access publication fees are journal specific and range between c$150 and c$5000 US Dollars. For information about specific open access publication fees, please refer to the individual journal's guide for authors.
Upon publication, Elsevier will:
- Enable authors to identify themselves as being funded by Parkinson's UK via our funding body form.
- Provide the option to publish with a user license that permits papers to be freely copied and re-used (for example for text and data-mining purposes), as required by Parkinson's UK.
- Add the CrossMark® identifier and links back to the authoritative version of record on ScienceDirect.
- Send to PubMed Central (PMC) the final published journal article (PJA) as it appears on ScienceDirect. PMC and PMC mirror sites will also link directly to this same article on Elsevier's websites.
- Provide immediate and permanent free access to the final published article on ScienceDirect.