Breast Cancer Now
Elsevier and Breast Cancer Now have entered into an agreement which ensures authors publishing in Elsevier journals are compliant with this open access policy.
Breast Cancer Now requires electronic copies of any research articles that have been accepted for publication in a peer-reviewed journal, to be made available through Europe PubMed Central (Europe PMC) as soon as possible and no later than 6 months after publication. This requirement applies to research supported in whole, or in part, by Breast Cancer Now which is published from 1 October 2013. The full open access policy of Breast Cancer Now is available here. Elsevier provides open access publishing options which enable authors to be fully compliant with Breast Cancer Now's policy as detailed below:
Gold open access
- Authors can choose to publish gold open access in either of our open access or hybrid journals.
- When publishing under either one of these open access options, the corresponding author will be given a choice of two Creative Commons licenses. Breast Cancer Now policy states that authors are required to select a Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) license.
- A publication fee is required to be paid in order to make an article open access. Breast Cancer Now indicates that payment of any open access fees may be met from underspend on existing grants. Elsevier's open access publication fees range between c$150 and c$5,000 US Dollars and are journal specific; please refer to the guide for authors on the journal homepage.
- Elsevier will deposit the final published journal article in Europe PMC, on behalf of the author. The version that appears in PMC will have a CrossMark® identifier and link back to the authoritative version of record on ScienceDirect.
Green open access
- When publishing with Elsevier the only way a researcher can comply with the Breast Cancer Now OA policy is to select the open access ("author pays") option. The exception is for authors publishing in The Lancet, which allows authors to self-archive their manuscript in PMC/Europe PMC after 6 months.
- Please note: If you are a Breast Cancer Now funded author and if any of your previously published Elsevier published articles prior to 1 October 2013 are not available in Europe PMC then you may use Elsevier's sharing policy to deposit papers in this repository. Deposits made via this route must adhere to the journal-specific embargo. Such articles can be posted under a CC-BY-NC-ND license.