SciVal is continually evolving, improving and being updated to suit your changing needs. We want to keep you informed of all the exciting and innovative features and functions which we are in the process of developing. We continue to invest in the platform, add new metrics, functionality and data types to help meet the reporting requirements of senior management, research administrators, researchers, government & funding agencies.
See what’s on the road for SciVal!
*As with all Roadmaps it is an outline of future plans, and thus features and timings may change.
Publication profiles from institutions across top journal percentiles
We will be introducing Elsevier’s new journal metric, CiteScore, in SciVal this year.
What does it measure?
CiteScore calculates the citations from all documents in year-one to all documents published in the prior three years for that journal. It therefore gives a more robust and accurate indication of journal performance.
Why is it important?
It allows comparing the publication profile from your institution to other institutions across top journal percentiles.
New look and feel for the SciVal platform
We have improved the user interface making it more intuitive to use, and provides a smoother experience when transitioning across various platforms such as Scopus and Science Direct. The functionality and intuitive design of SciVal has not changed, however we have made some small changes to the design and layout.
- Improved interoperability with Scopus and other Elsevier products
- New responsive design and layout, making it easier to access SciVal from different devices
- Cleaner, more aesthetically pleasing design, which provides a smother user experience
Reports: New Reporting Functionality
We’re excited to present you with the latest module for SciVal, which allows you to set up and generate customized reports on a recurring basis.
You are often spending time creating the same reports on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis. Now you are able to save your most utilized reports in MySciVal for you to access and share whenever you need it.
Why is it important?
- You can set up reports which are specifically customized to reflect your institute’s research objectives
- Reports are quick and easy to export and share with your external stakeholders
- Save and re-run periodic reports, which allows you to create a snapshot of you institute and compare it over time
Exciting developments in SciVal
There have been many new and exciting developments in SciVal throughout this year and 2017 will be no different! We have many exciting releases coming your way shortly including:
- Editing PRS structures
- Mass Media Mentions update: show underlying titles
- Increase export thresholds inside SciVal from Scopus
- SciVal metrics API
- More funding bodies added to SciVal (ongoing)
- Add subject classifications from ranking organizations
- Support journal-to-subject classification schemes
- Evaluate research performance in books
- “Hot and cold areas in science”
- Article level metrics to BOS (Big Data Operating System)
- Identify researchers for recruitment and/or collaboration purposes
- Recruitment use case: Top authors in Overview based on Citations received, h-index and FWCI
- SciVal usage reporting for customers in E-PIC
- Improved visual interoperability with Scopus