SciVal is continually evolving, improving and being updated to suit your changing needs. We want to keep you informed of all the exciting and innovative features and functions which we are in the process of developing. We continue to invest in the platform, add new metrics, functionality and data types to help meet the reporting requirements of senior management, research administrators, researchers, government & funding agencies.
See what’s on the road for SciVal!
*As with all Roadmaps it is an outline of future plans, and thus features and timings may change.
Roadmap 2018 & Beyond!
We will be updating the platform, as well as making updates and upgrades to existing functionalities. For the latest developments, and an overview of the plans for the new year see our jam-packed roadmap!
- Topic Prominence in Science:
- Where am I a Key Contributor? Where do I have a seat at the table, from the perspective of Researchers and Institutions
- Which Topics are related to mine? See high-momentum Topics in similar research areas to yours
- Higher level of aggregation now available - we are currently working on the exact level of aggregation (watch this space)
- SciVal API update: Following on from our earlier release we will be supporting Publication Sets and Groups of Researchers
- Evaluate researchers filtered by articles published at their affiliated (home) institution
- Diacritic support for institution names - you'll be able to see name variants when searching for institutions
- We will be providing additional subject classifications from rankings organizations (inc. THE, QS and KAKEN)
- Look out for major improvements made to the Collaboration module
- Topic Prominence in Science updates and developments:
- Define new Research Areas based upon Topics
- Topic Prominence in Science
- & discovering & exploring various funding opportunities
- Overhaul of the Trends Module
- Media Mentions relating to individual Researchers will be available
- There will be greater flexibility in the year-ranges in the Overview, Collaboration and Trends modules
- Enhanced SciVal administrator capabilities - see who else is using SciVal at your institution
- See who has cited your Institution and your individual Researchers: Cited-by metrics in the Overview module
- Option to filter on the first and corresponding author in Scholarly Output, to see where your Researchers are having the greatest impact