See what we have planned for SciVal for the next few months and beyond
SciVal is continually evolving, improving and being updated to suit your changing needs. We want to keep you informed of all the exciting and innovative features and functions which we are in the process of developing. We continue to invest in the platform, add new metrics, functionality and data types to help meet the reporting requirements of senior management, research administrators, researchers, government & funding agencies.
See what’s on the road for SciVal!
*As with all Roadmaps it is an outline of future plans, and thus features and timings may change.
We will be updating the platform, as well as making updates and upgrades to existing functionalities. For the latest developments, and an overview of the plans for the next year see our jam-packed roadmap!
- Topic Prominence in Science
- Higher level of aggregation we have aggregated the 96,000 Topics to around 1,500 Topic Clusters, to help aid discovery and understanding of the work done by the contributing institutions and researchers
- New Topics - see which Topics have recently been created, breaking off from existing Topics
- Overall redesign of data visualizations across various modules
- Reporting templates. We’ll add the ability for you to create reporting template in SciVal. These can be used to share “best practice” metrics with colleagues, quickly create reports using preferred metrics and set templates for assessments. We will also use the templates to help guide you concerning which metrics to use in different situations.
- Create reports using data from the Trends module
- Improved Researcher on-boarding experience, with additional help and guidance in SciVal
- Topic Prominence in Science:
- See the Topics to which a Publication Set contributes, along with metrics around the key contributors (such as researchers and institutions)
- Greater flexibility in the year-ranges in the Overview, Collaboration and Trends modules
- Update to Collaboration module to provide additional metrics when looking at author collaboration
Later in 2019
- Metrics wizard: Additional guidance to help users successfully choose the correct metrics for their needs
- Filter on the first and corresponding author in Scholarly Output, to see where your Researchers are having the greatest impact
- Network visualizations in Collaboration can help you discover strong and weak links
- Further journal metrics support, including full journal quartile breakdowns
- Analyze the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in SciVal and see who is doing what
- New document selection types that better matches the QS and THE rankings
- Topic Prominence in Science: Funding per Topic
- University Systems supported as new Entity type