See what SciVal can do for you
A ready-to-use solution with unparalleled power and flexibility that offers quick, easy access to the research performance of over 9,000 research institutions and 230 regions and countries. SciVal allows you to visualize your research performance, benchmark relative to peer institutions, develop strategic partnerships, identify and analyze new, emerging research trends, and create uniquely tailored reports.
SciVal at a glance
SciVal helps you assess your institution's research performance from a variety of perspectives in order to establish, execute and evaluate strategies based on reliable evidence.
Our Profile Refinement Service pre-populates SciVal with your institution's researchers and departments so you can start analyzing their performance straight away.
Using advanced data analytics technology, SciVal allows you to instantly process an enormous amount of data:
- 46 million publication records (post 1996) from 21,915 journals of 5,000 publishers worldwide
- Access to more than 170 trillion metric values to generate powerful data visualizations on-demand, in seconds.
|Integrated modular platform||Visualize research performance from multiple perspectives using SciVal's easy-to-use interface.|
|Create and select research entities||Test scenarios by modeling any Research Areas or groups such as newly evolving interdisciplinary Research Areas, groups of researchers to apply for a large-scale grant program, and departmental renovations.|
|Select metrics||Select and combine any set of metrics to measure an institution's or a country's productivity, citation impact, collaboration, subject disciplinarity, visibility and more.|
|Supercomputing technology||View and analyze big sets of data, fast, and generate graphs and tables on-demand.|
|Scopus publications and citation data||Get access to comprehensive publication data drawn from Scopus, the largest abstract and citation database of peer reviewed literature.|
|Scopus and ScienceDirect usage data||Incorporate COUNTER compliant usage data from Scopus and ScienceDirect into your analysis to reflect the engagement of the whole research community.|
|Patent article citations data||Get a proxy for innovation and the potential to transfer knowledge to industry with patent-article citations – i.e. specific references in patents to published research – from five of the world’s largest patent offices (WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization), USPTO (United States Patent and Trademark Office), EPO (European Patent Office), JPO (Japan Patent Office) & IPO (Intellectual Property Office, UK)|
SciVal gives our researchers the ability to export an overview of their own performance at the click of a button.Sam Gray, Impact and Engagement Manager, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Perform in-depth analyses to meet your specific objectives by selecting any combination of subject areas and metrics from a comprehensive set
SciVal goes beyond the simple metrics and offers a range of sophisticated indicators to analyze research impact.Jonathan Greer, Research Information Manager, Queen’s University Belfast
- Explore your institution's current and prospective partnerships on Google maps
- Identify your top collaborative institutions and co-authorship drilling into specific subject areas and self-defined research topics
- View the overall performance of a Research Area, then dig deeper into the activity and impact of the institutions, countries, authors and journals involved and adjust your research strategy accordingly
- Usage information complements citation data to give a more complete picture of research performance
Institutions around the world use Elsevier's Research Intelligence tools to answer the most pressing challenges that their researchers and research managers face.Here are some of their stories
Research Intelligence in action
A selection of infographics using our data, metrics and tools. Where will the data take you?