Why choose ScienceDirect
ScienceDirect focuses on empowering you within the world of research to help you stay ahead in your field, discover more breakthroughs, accelerate the pace of discovery and manage your research.
Discover more breakthroughs
Staying at the forefront of your research field means keeping on top of the latest developments. ScienceDirect provides targeted recommendations based on what your peers are reading, uses article metrics like citations and social mentions to help you evaluate a scholarly article’s relevance and alerts you of new publications.
- ScienceDirect Topics provides introductory overviews to help you understand and interpret scientific literature;
- Recommendations on ScienceDirect uses your signed in activity to find interdisciplinary research that can open the door to new paths of discovery;
- Powerful search and alerts ensure you find the latest studies in your field.
- Citations from Scopus help you evaluate the relevance of the scholarly articles you have found more quickly, without needing to read an entire article first;
Personal Recommender added information that I had not found myself, sparking a new line of thinking and bringing my attention to areas outside my immediate sphere of interest.
– Chairman, Small Pharmaceuticals Company, UK
Manage your research
It can be a challenge to keep track of all the latest research. ScienceDirect effortlessly connects you to a broad range of scientific literature and content via a single user-friendly platform.
- Reading History keeps track of what you’re reading and ensures you can find useful articles again when needed;
- Enhanced Reader provides additional information, including inline author and reference links with abstract preview, citing articles and recommended articles;
- Easily share scholarly articles or chapters via on-screen social media icons, or file for future reference by exporting to Mendeley or another reference manager;
- Remote Access keeps you connected to your research on any device, no matter where you’re working.
Our students prefer a resource that is not bound by time of day or single format. Ebooks allow them to work where they will at whatever time is convenient and to carry their book with them on their preferred access device.
– Librarian, Stanford University, US
Did you know?
94% of researchers find ScienceDirect easy to use
Researchers spend nearly 25% of their week looking for and reading articles
9 out of 10 researchers says ScienceDirect shortens the research process
ScienceDirect shortens the research process, saving an average of 47 minutes a day
Leading organizations around the world trust ScienceDirect to help them achieve student learning goals or discover novel interdisciplinary research to inspire new breakthroughs. Read stories from our customers about how ScienceDirect has helped them succeed in their work.
Reading History helps you keep track of articles you have viewed
See our newest ScienceDirect feature in action.Sign in or register now