Empower teaching & learning success
Use ScienceDirect — Elsevier’s premier platform of peer-reviewed, full-text scholarly information — to inspire your instructors and studentsContact us
The right information for every stage of learning
Whether undergraduates, graduates or PhD trainees, students at any level can engage with a variety of high-quality scholarly materials: from introducing a broad range of subjects and fields on which to build a solid foundation, to advancing subject matter expertise through leading primary source information.
Elsevier’s journals and books on ScienceDirect support:
- Meeting course learning goals, from foundational knowledge to deeper explorations of a specialized field of study
- Updating learning activities — such as individual coursework, group or capstone projects, and theses — with the latest information from authoritative sources
- Developing or expanding subject matter expertise
Books and journals for every discipline
- Physical Sciences, Engineering & Mathematics publications cover a range of sub-disciplines, from the theoretical to the applied.
- Life Sciences journal articles and book chapters feature original research, insightful analysis, current theory and more.
- Health Sciences collections keep instructors and students up-to-date on medical developments and world health issues.
- Social Sciences & Humanities books and journals highlight historical context, current developments, theories, applications, trends and more.
Features designed for efficient teaching & learning
ScienceDirect makes it easy to keep course materials current while providing a rewarding learning experience for students through:
- Robust basic and advanced search features that quickly uncover the depth and breadth of relevant information
- Embedded Topics (see image below) that richly define terms to improve students’ understanding and knowledge of what they are reading
- Reading history and alerts so instructors and students can easily track the information that they have viewed and to receive notifications when new information becomes available
Support for information literacy skills
By encouraging instructors to embed ScienceDirect as a scholarly information resource in coursework, students will learn how to:
- Apply or identify terms and concepts to use in their online searches
- Find appropriate information to use in their work
- Evaluate sources
- Apply the information from sources to their coursework
- Correctly acknowledge sources in their work
Support for your educational needs
Please complete and submit this form today. One of our knowledgeable representatives will be in touch to help you evaluate your library’s information needs and discuss budget-friendly options to build or supplement your education-focused collections.
Setting students up for success with science literacy
This webinar offers views from the lens of a student, librarian, and platform provider on the invaluable role different stakeholders play in setting students up for success, focusing on aspects of working remotely.
Remote access to ScienceDirect
View this webinar for step-by-step instructions and tips to share with faculties and students on various remote access options to Elsevier platforms, including ScienceDirect
COVID-19 resources for librarians
Direct access to range of useful resources for librarians and their users during the global COVID-19 pandemic
Support health & medical education needs
Plan and update curriculum and develop student coursework using Elsevier journals and books on ScienceDirect.