Electronic Holdings Reports
ScienceDirect provides electronic holdings reports which specify the titles and dates of coverage included in a library's subscription package.
These reports are based on the KBART (Knowledge Base and Related Tools) Phase II draft recommendations, which can be viewed at http://www.uksg.org/KBART
Customers can access three types of reports:
- KBART Product Reports, which collection title lists for all journals and books available on ScienceDirect
- KBART Account Reports, which provide customer-specific entitlements information
- ScienceDirect proprietary Electronic Holdings Report, which provides customer-specific entitlements information.
Version 2.0 of the proprietary report provides follow the KBART II format but provides more details than the KBART reports. Although much of the information provided will be familiar to users of the earlier version of this report, the columns and fields are in a different order, and column headings have changed to meet KBART specifications.
Follow the steps below to access your library’s electronic holdings reports, and for detailed instructions download the ScienceDirect Electronic Holdings Reports Quick Reference Guide (pdf 2.41 mb).
- Open www.sciencedirect.com
- Click on the "Journals" or "Books" icon in the banner at the top of the page
- Follow the link at top right to "Electronic holdings reports.
Automatically Import Holdings Data to Third-Party Knowledge Bases
The same holdings data contained in your KBART Account Report can be used to by library service providers to automatically update their knowledge bases for your institution. To learn how to enable automatic updates, see ScienceDirect Knowledge Base Data Exchange.
For holdings questions and assistance, please contact Elsevier Customer Service.