The Admin Tool helps librarians and other administrators manage and customize ScienceDirect for their institution. Typically, an administrator is assigned at the time ScienceDirect is first activated.
You can use the Admin Tool to:
- Add your library or organization's logo and custom message to ScienceDirect
- Assign additional Admin Tool administrators
- Manage your IP address range(s)
- See all content your account has access to via Electronic Holdings Reports
- See your most recent usage statistics
- Create groups and manage user IDs
- Enable remote access for users
- Enable ScienceDirect Knowledge Base Data Exchange
- Configure Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery services
- Enable users to make credit card purchases of non-subscribed content
- Configure your ScienceDirect link settings
Get Access to the Admin Tool or Find Your Administrator
If you want to become an Admin Tool administrator for your institution or need to identify the existing administrator(s), please use the Elsevier Customer Service Form. In the “Contact Reason” section of the form, choose
Access and enter details in the text box, such as,
Set up access to the Admin Tool.
Get Help with the Admin Tool
Context-sensitive Help is available for almost every task you perform in the Admin Tool. Look for the “Help” link (usually located in the top right hand corner of each page) when you need instructions or information related to a page you are viewing. For assistance, please visit Admin Tool Support Center.