Journals & Books on ScienceDirect
Inspire learning, stay informed and drive discovery with Elsevier’s leading platform of peer-reviewed literature. ScienceDirect’s depth and breadth of information facilitates interdisciplinary research and scholarship.
- Get the complete list of journals and books on ScienceDirect.
Get free access to ScienceDirect-hosted journal articles and book chapters related to Sustainable Development Goals research on the RELX SDG Resource Centre
Inspire learning, research and innovation through access to the latest scholarly articles complemented with a rich archive of literature dating back to 1823. ScienceDirect includes thousands of peer-reviewed scientific, technical and health journals spanning 24 major scientific disciplines.
Journal title lists:
Elsevier continues to add journals to ScienceDirect. Stay up-to-date with available titles and title changes.
- Active titles
- New titles – added in the previous year
- Forthcoming titles – expected to publish within the next 12 months (please note: the publishing schedule for forthcoming titles is subject to change, so titles on this list are considered tentative)
- Publication changes – journals that have been renamed, incorporated into another title, or split off from a title to form a new title; discontinued journals that are no longer published by Elsevier; society journals that have been transferred to another publisher but where Elsevier retains the electronic rights to the backfiles on ScienceDirect
- Journals by their ScienceDirect subject categories/disciplines
- Titles to which your organization subscribes – links you to the Electronic Holdings Report on ScienceDirect
- Journals without transactional access – including pay-per-view and ArticleChoice® options
Journal backfiles collections:
Journal backfiles provide access to historical records published prior to 1995, some of which go back to Volume 1, Issue 1.
- Elsevier Backfiles – articles from journals published by Elsevier prior to 1995; includes society titles where electronic rights have been granted
- Urban & Fisher Archives – articles in the life & health sciences published under the renowned Urban & Fischer imprint from the 1960s to 2000
Journal collections & editions title lists:
- Freedom Collection 2018-2022 – available to ScienceDirect Complete academic customers only; offers access to additional non-subscribed Elsevier journal content; excludes Cell Press, Lancet and Clinics titles, and some third-party publishers and societies
- Subject Collections offer a cost-effective way for ScienceDirect Complete customers to gain additional access to deep content in a specific field
- Mathematics Subject Collection – includes 16 of Elsevier’s most highly ranked mathematical journals
- Titles included or excluded from one or more discounted packages in 2021 – subject to change; electronic rights for any title can change as determined by the publisher or society
- College Editions – titles available in the three college editions collections: health & life sciences; physical sciences; and social & behavioral sciences
- Corporate Edition – specifically designed for research & development groups working in industry and the for-profit sector; excludes Cell Press journals, third party and select society titles, transferred titles and titles published prior to 1995
- Government Edition – specially designed for research groups within government departments, agencies and ministries, as well as non-profit research organizations; excludes Cell Press journals, third party and select society titles, transferred titles and titles published prior to 1995
Get more information about subscribing to our Special Journal Collections – covers information about Cell Press, Lancet and Clinics collections, as well as our Spanish, French and Italian collections, and more.
*Additional information for current Freedom Collection customers:
Customers who subscribed to the Freedom Collection prior to 2013 should retain access to The Lancet, The Lancet Infectious Diseases, The Lancet Neurology and The Lancet Oncology for the duration of their subscription.
Book title lists:
- All book titles available on ScienceDirect
- Book series volumes, including handbook series
- Major Reference Works (MRWs)
- Frontlist titles for 2021*
- Frontlist titles for 2022*
- Complete listing of all individually sold books
- Books by their subject categories on ScienceDirect
- Book titles no longer available for purchase on ScienceDirect – for purchases made prior to December 31, 2014
* Expected publishing dates on frontlist titles are subject to change.
Book collection & edition lists:
- Freedom Collection Books 2021
- All Access Books and Focus Collections
- Educational Textbooks Collections
- College Edition Book Collection - Health and Life Sciences
- College Edition Book Collection - Physical Sciences
- College Edition Book Collection - Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Corporate Edition Book Collection
- Elsevier Masson French Health Sciences Collection
- Spanish Language eBooks Collection
- German Medical eBooks Collection
Backlist book title lists:
- Backlist for 2020
- Backlist for 2019
- Backlist for 2018
- Backlist for 2017
- Backlist for 2016
- Backlist for 2015
- Backlist for 2014
- Backlist for 2013
- Backlist for 2012
- Backlist for 2011
- Backlist for 2010
- Backlist for 2009
- Backlist for 2008
- Backlist for 2007
- Backlist for 2006 and older years
Additional book backlist collection lists:
Medical books archive collection lists:
Many authors and institutions want their research to be available to anyone with an internet connection. Elsevier is a leading gold open access publisher and among the largest green open access publishers. We host a growing number of open access journals with no subscription charges, as well as provide free access to archived research. Many of our journals and books also offer the option for authors to publish individual articles or chapters as open access.
More than 362,000 Topics pages (and growing) on ScienceDirect help users on the path to deeper understanding by connecting them to key topics and unfamiliar terms and concepts.
Subscription & payment options
ScienceDirect offers a wide variety of subscription options:
ScienceDirect usage reports
Elsevier is both a COUNTER- and SUSHI-compliant content provider.
Details for both programs can be found on our Usage Reports page.
See also: Guide to using Elsevier SUSHI