Top books coming to ScienceDirect in Psychology
We are following up with you on the customized insights report you received last week with a preview of the upcoming books that would be of greatest interest to your users based on the subjects areas they have been reading lately.
Available in 2017
Twin Mythconceptions, False Beliefs, Fables, and Facts about Twins By Nancy L. Segal
This book sheds new light on over 70 commonly held ideas and beliefs about the origins and development of identical and fraternal twins. Using the latest scientific findings from psychology, psychiatry, biology, and education, the book separates fact from fiction.
Explaining Suicide: Patterns, Motivations, and What Notes Reveal By Cheryl Meyer, Taronish Irani, Katherine Hermes, and Betty Yung
Based on an analysis of a unique dataset of all suicide notes collected by the coroner’s office in southwestern Ohio 2000–2009, this book identifies top motivations for suicide, how these differ between note writers and non-note writers, and what this can tell us about better suicide prevention.
Pediatric Disorders of Regulation in Affect and Behavior, A Therapist's Guide to Assessment and Treatment, 2nd Edition By Georgia A. DeGangi
A skills-based book for mental health professionals working with children experiencing disorders of self-regulation. This book will help professionals integrate treatment strategies that address the individual’s regulatory, sensory integration, and mental health problems.
Preview of Books coming in 2018*
- Innovative Approaches to Individual and Community Resilience
- Handbook of Crime Correlates
- Personality and Disease
- Handbook of Social Status Correlates
- Student Learning and Experiences of Academic Understanding
- Functional Analysis in Clinical Treatment
- The Psychology of Mattering
- Aging, Technology and Health
- The Psychology of Terrorism
- Developmental Pathways to Disruptive, Impulse-Control, and Conduct Disorders
- Psychological Processes in Social Media
- The Clinician's Guide to Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Pediatric Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Reducing Cyberbullying in Schools
- Environmental Psychology and Human Well-Being
- Clinical Interventions in Criminal Justice Settings
*Actual book titles may change or move to publication dates outside 2018.