Top books coming to ScienceDirect in Mathematics and Physics
We are following up with you on the customized insights report you received last week with a preview of the upcoming books that would be of greatest interest to your users based on the subjects areas they have been reading lately.
Available in 2017
Handbook of Statistical Analysis and Data Mining Applications, 2nd Edition By Robert Nisbet, Gary Miner and John Elder, IV
Includes input by practitioners for practitioners. Includes tutorials in numerous fields of study that provide step-by-step instruction on how to use supplied tools to build models. Contains practical advice from successful real-world implementations. Includes extensive case studies, examples, MS PowerPoint slides and datasets, along with a CD-DVD containing valuable software. Brings together, in a single resource, all the information a beginner needs to understand the tools and issues in data mining to build successful data mining solutions. Features clear, intuitive explanations of novel analytical tools and techniques, and their practical applications.
Hybrid Censoring: Models, Methods and Applications, for Engineering and Bio HealthBy N. Balakrishnan and Debasis Kundu
Presents many numerical examples to adequately illustrate all the inferential methods discussed. Provides open problems and possible directions for future work. Reviews developments pertaining to Type-II HCS, and includes the most recent research and trends. Explains why the hybrid censored sampling is important. Provides detail in using HCS under different settings and the designs of HCS. Includes R code on website for ease of use.
Engineering Mathematics with Examples and ApplicationsXin-She Yang
Covers fundamental engineering topics that are presented at the right level, without worry of rigorous proofs.
Preview of Books coming in 2018*
- Boundary Value Problems and Partial Differential Equations
- Numerical Linear Algebra
- Amplifiers and Oscillators Optimization by Simulation
- Stochastic Analysis of Mixed Fractional Gaussian Processes
- Structures and Forms in Spatial Data
- Fundamentals of Advanced Mathematics V3
- Atlas of Neutron Resonances
- Optical Wireless Communications for Broadband Global Internet Connectivity
- Basic Physics of Nanoscience
- A Concrete Approach to Abstract Algebra
- Model Engineering for Simulation
- Theory of Modeling and Simulation
- Geometric PDEs
*Actual book titles may change or move to publication dates outside 2018.