Top books coming to ScienceDirect in Materials Science and Materials Engineering
We are following up with you on the customized insights report you received last week with a preview of the upcoming books that would be of greatest interest to your users based on the subjects areas they have been reading lately.
Available in 2017
Steels: Microstructure and Properties, 4th Edition By Harry Bhadeshia, Ph.D. and Robert Honeycombe
Contains a new chapter on nanostructured steels, with new content integrated into an existing chapter to describe the physical metallurgy of coatings, surface treatments, and multivariate high-performance steels. Includes derivations with important equations so that students from a broad range of subjects can appreciate the issues without being bogged down in mathematics. Presents new micrographs and figures that reflect the resolution and capabilities of modern instruments.
Sittig's Handbook of Toxic and Hazardous Chemicals and Carcinogens, 7th Edition
By Richard P. Pohanish
Enables readers to quickly and reliably find the chemical they are looking for, with a full range of synonyms for each chemical, including trade names and CAS index. Features relevant data for the US and EU included throughout, along with the essential chemical hazard information applicable worldwide. Provides a trusted source of information for first-line responders (emergency services), industry, logistics companies, scientists, and environmental protection organizations. Contains expanded information for each chemical listed (including chemicals classified as WMD) and has been updated to keep pace with world events, standards, and regulations.
Nanobiomaterials, Nanostructured Materials for Biomedical Applications
Edited by Roger Narayan
Provides a concise description of the materials and technologies used in the development of nanostructured biomaterials. Provides industrial researchers with an up-to-date and handy reference on current topics in the field of nanostructured biomaterials. Includes an integrated approach that is used to discuss both the biological and engineering aspects of nanostructured biomaterials.
Preview of Books coming in 2018*
- Guide to Laser Welding
- Nanomaterials for Solar Cell Applications
- Computational Modelling of Nanoparticles
- Self-Assembly of Nano- and Micro-structured Materials using Colloidal Engineering
- Laser Surface Engineering of Aluminum Alloys
- High Temperature Coatings
- Carbon for Electronic and Energy Applications
- Laser Shock Peening of Advanced Ceramics
- Ni-free Ti-based Shape Memory Alloys
- Additive Manufacturing: Materials, Processes, Quantifications and Applications
- Handbook of Environmental Degradation of Materials
- Advances in Smart Coatings and Thin Films in the Transportation Industries
- Molecular Beam Epitaxy
- Handbook of Thin Film Deposition
- The Foundations of Vacuum Coating Technology, 2nd Edition
*Actual book titles may change or move to publication dates outside 2018.