Elsevier eBooks, series, reference works, reference modules and textbooks present the collective viewpoint of experts on a given topic—comprehensive, relevant and absolutely trustworthy. Used in conjunction with journal articles, book content is an excellent option for someone needing an overview of existing research.
Benefits shared by all content types:
- Hosted on and fully integrated with ScienceDirect with no DRM restrictions.
- Curated by experts in their respective fields.
- Dynamically links researchers to related content elsewhere on ScienceDirect.
- Retains value for years.
- Accessible on mobile devices
- Downloadable full-text book chapters in PDF and HTML formats (where available) as covered by your subscription.
- Abstracts viewable in references of HTML chapters where available.
- Comes with complimentary MARC records.
Elsevier eBooks are a catalyst for new ideas, presenting sustained arguments, differing opinions, nuance and complexity. EBooks let researchers dig deeper into unfamiliar subject areas, leading them down unexpected and often novel avenues for inquiry.
In nearly all cases, eBooks make for more productive research, often giving rise to those serendipitous moments of discovery that can be key turning points in research.
Elsevier Book Series present a comprehensive snapshot of the current state of research, building upon that foundation over time. They cover topical subjects and review the latest research into methods and protocols. Learn more
Edited by top experts, book series keep research on track and often help define its direction (or redirection). They also add vital historical context.
- Available on ScienceDirect.
- Ideal for deep-diving into new fields.
- Include dynamic cross-linking for deeper exploration and discovery.
- Frequently cited in research, making them a high-yield library investment.
Elsevier Handbook Series collect authoritative information on a mature field or particular technique. Designed for quick consultation, these handbooks are used by researchers to shape and refine their approach. Learn more
- Created and edited by renowned editors and leading experts around the world.
- Quick publication times.
- Articles available to readers very soon after submission.
- 35 serials ranked in top two quartiles for their ISI journal category (Journal Citation Reports published by Thomson Reuters 2015).
Elsevier Major Reference Works are a one-stop resource for anyone needing to quickly acquaint themselves with a new field. Each volume summarizes important research within a discipline, highlighting key authors, discoveries, principles and methods. Learn more
- A wealth of foundational knowledge in a specific subject.
- A cross-disciplinary bridge that opens up subjects, concepts and paths for investigation.
- Developed by independent experts chosen for their stature in the researcher community.
- Ideal for graduate students, researchers, technologists and clinicians
- A better alternative to searching hundreds of unreliable resources online.
Elsevier Reference Modules combine thousands of encyclopedic articles from Elsevier’s world-leading Major Reference Works. These combine with other exclusive content to create a single online, authoritative resource.
New articles are continuously commissioned, while existing ones are regularly reviewed and updated to reflect the latest research. All content is date-stamped.
Covering subjects in their totality, Reference Module are used by researchers and scholars working across multiple disciplines. Learn more
- Comprehensive, up-to-date content.
- Overseen by an independent expert editorial board.
- Chapters are released as they are completed, putting content that had previously been locked up in the publishing cycle into the hands of patrons more quickly.
- Researchers can locate information more quickly and easily than with traditional reference books.
- Dynamic links to interrelated subjects and concept make Reference Modules a springboard to cross-disciplinary investigation.
- Hosted on ScienceDirect
For both researchers and students exploring an unfamiliar discipline, each Elsevier Textbook is a pedagogical examination of concepts and methods in a subject area. Textbooks are a catalyst for new ideas and directions for study. With dynamic links to interrelated journals, eBooks and reference works, Elsevier textbooks make it easy to follow research wherever it might lead. Learn more
- Accessible anytime, anywhere on ScienceDirect.
- A value-added teaching tool for the classroom.
- Many titles include ancillary materials to aid teaching and learning.