All knowledge begins as uncommon—unrecognized, undervalued, and sometimes unaccepted. But with the right perspective, knowledge can become exceptional.
That’s why Elsevier is dedicated to transforming knowledge from uncommon to common—through validation, integration, and connection. We make information actionable.
Elsevier eBooks, series, reference works, reference modules, and textbooks present the collective viewpoint of experts on a given topic. They provide a comprehensive and useful overview of current research.
- Hosted on and fully integrated with ScienceDirect. No DRM.
- Dynamic links to content elsewhere on ScienceDirect.
- Retains value for years.
- Accessible on mobile devices
- Downloadable full-text book chapters in PDF and HTML formats (where available) when included in your subscription.
- Many references include abstracts.
- Includes complimentary MARC records.
Elsevier has developed these resources to help librarians and information resource managers make the most out of the online content available in their libraries.
Space savings calculator
EBooks lower the administrative costs of maintaining physical books. Use our eBooks calculator to see how the savings add up.
This free eBook includes excerpts from our Chandos imprint. Topics cover critical thinking, research skills, visual literacy, science information, and more.
Elsevier uses tools like Scopus and SciVal to embed itself in the world of research, monitoring its ebb and flow. This proprietary data yields valuable insight into current research trends.
- Chemical Engineering
- Earth and Environmental science
- Food Supply
- Fundamental Life Sciences
- Materials Science