ArticleChoice® is designed for individual researchers who don’t have an annual ScienceDirect subscription but do need to download journal articles and book chapters periodically for research projects.
ArticleChoice® is an Elsevier subscription service providing a flexible way to access ScienceDirect’s world-renowned scientific journals and books on an as-needed basis, meaning you only pay for the articles or chapters you need. Choose from different bundle options and enjoy all the functionality of ScienceDirect without a long-term, financial commitment.
Whether your research requires access to 5 or 50 ScienceDirect journal articles or book chapters, there is a bundle option that meets the needs of both your project and budget.
Corporations and Institutions:
This version of ArticleChoice® is for individual researchers only. Corporations, institutions and anyone requesting a tax exempt order can contact our Sales Team for information and purchase options.
Choose your bundle:
- Trusted content from 2,500 peer-reviewed journals and 39,000+ books
- Full ScienceDirect functionality, including full-text article searching, CrossRef linking and personalization features
- Immediate access, with the ability to print and store documents
- Monthly usage reports available for easy publication purchase tracking, overview of the number of articles and chapters used and the number of downloads still available
- A quick and easy alternative to document delivery services
No. Currently Elsevier.com does not support tax exempt orders. For additional information on purchasing ScienceDirect tax exempt, please contact our Sales Team.
Elsevier’s Electronic Customer Service department shall notify the Subscriber via email when payment has been processed and access has been activated.
No. ArticleChoice is a pre-paid subscription product. You cannot add or subtract articles to a previously purchased bundle. However if additional articles are needed, you can purchase a new bundle from Elsevier.com.
There are currently no restrictions to the number of ArticleChoice subscriptions a customer can purchase in a year.
Pre-paid ArticleChoice subscriptions will expire after twelve (12) consecutive months post purchase date.
An ArticleChoice subscription will expire after twelve (12) consecutive months post purchase date. Any unused pre-paid transactions shall be forfeited.