Accelerate online support for students & researchers
The IR as a more essential service
Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, institutions around the world were being challenged to increase remote learning and research capabilities. The pandemic advanced the pace of these needs, almost overnight.
Forward-thinking academic leaders, librarians and faculty members recognize that the institutional repository (IR) is ideally placed to immediately address many remote information needs, including:
- Showcasing the institution, especially as a recruitment tool to new student prospects
- Supporting online teaching and learning by hosting open educational materials and open textbooks
- Enabling remote research and collaboration through open access to digitally archived collections
- Giving a new ― and open — home to conference-related materials
- Providing an openly accessible platform to share updates from institutional leadership
The COVID-19 crisis has increased the need for online access to knowledge and learning resources. In this landscape of health and economic crisis, all the efforts of the [institution] must be directed towards facilitating this access.
—Academic Librarian from Spain
Get expert guidance about increasing online access to information.
The essential IR
The open information needs of institutions are unlikely to change once the pandemic has passed. From a survey of academic leaders and librarians, 86% of respondents report the IR is ― and will continue to be ― “essential” or “very essential” to the ongoing business of the institution.
OERs [are] now imperative in an online-first learning environment.
—Academic Librarian from the United Kingdom
Switching to more remote/virtual recruitment has meant the organization … needed to change how we showcase research and publications. Our IR has allowed us to step into the moment…
—Medical School Librarian from the USA
Get our white paper and learn from others how the IR is helping their institutions accelerate the information needs of their students, faculty members, librarians and academic leaders.
A new era of digital education is “generated” and all distance and digital contents/materials [have become] part of everyday work for all institutions.
—Academic Library Leader from Greece
There is greater demand for hosting posters [on our IR] due to regular campus student research symposia taking place online.
—Academic Librarian from the USA
Is your current IR fully serving your needs?
How well is your IR supporting the online information needs of your institution? Please complete the form below and one of our knowledgeable representatives will contact you. Working together, we’ll help explore how Digital Commons can meet more of your remote information needs than any other IR solution.
About Digital Commons
Digital Commons is a best-in-class turnkey solution to openly publish, manage and promote the full spectrum of your institution’s research and scholarship.
With Digital Commons, you get:
Our … IR is one of the most important services we can offer to our patrons.
—Library Leader in Peru
- Secure, scalable, cloud-hosted technology
- Low cost of ownership with no IT investment: we handle all platform upgrades and maintenance
- Dedicated consultation and service support, including free training for site administrators and journal editors
- Unlimited, secure storage of all file sizes and types
- Custom site branding and annual redesigns
- Reliable performance with 99% uptime
- Accurate, visually compelling analytics to prove global influence