ClinicalKey for Nurses
Empowering nurses with trusted resources for clinical answers.
As your clinical teams care for an aging population, they’re carrying out treatment plans for more complex conditions. At the same time, patients and their families are increasingly engaged in their own care. This generates additional questions for the care team as patients are more involved in shared decision-making. If clinicians aren’t consulting a standardized, trusted resource for clinical answers, they risk the potential for inconsistent care, unsatisfying patient encounters and negative outcomes.
With Elsevier’s ClinicalKey, you’ll ensure that your care teams have access to evidence-based information, so they can answer complex questions related to their patients’ conditions. And with your nurses using the same trusted answers, you will help create a more consistent patient experience based on the most current standards of care.
Improve care and drive consistency
With ClinicalKey, your nurses will be able to:
Improve patient care with trusted resources – As the complexity of patient conditions increases, a lack of evidence-based information to guide how treatment is carried out can lead to suboptimal care and unwanted complications. ClinicalKey connects your nurses and allied health professionals with trusted answers and gives them in-depth access to current evidence whenever and wherever needed.
Drive care consistency among all levels of nurses and allied health professionals – Building a foundation for clinical knowledge is difficult when your clinical team is relying on unvetted, outdated, or insufficient sources. With ClinicalKey, clinicians have access to one trusted solution that offers content that is updated continuously, backed by the latest evidence, and derived from core foundational textbooks, procedural videos, and cutting-edge research findings.
ClinicalKey supports nurses with
- Advanced search technology that supports fast answers to critical questions
- Continuously updated as new resources are published
- Instant point-of-care access anytime with EHR integration, remote access, and a mobile app for Apple and Android
- Content coverage for a broad range of specialties
- Personalization features and ability to easily share content
- Nursing Continuing Education contact hours* for Clinical Updates**
*For users in the United States. Elsevier is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. Elsevier is provider approved by the Florida Board of Nursing. The Florida provider number is #50-4681. Elsevier is provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. The California provider number is #CEP17208.
**This may not be applicable to all countries outside North America
Key content includes drug monographs, clinical topic summaries, videos, images and more.
- Clinical Overviews: Succinct, easy-to-navigate monographs for quick answers at the point of care
- Topic pages: Concise information about disease epidemiology, risk factors, clinical manifestations, treatments and more
- Mosby’s evidence-based Nursing Monographs: The latest evidence about common clinical problems, including summaries of key studies, tagged by level of evidence
- Full-text books: Elsevier’s world-renowned nursing books, including AACN’s Core Curriculum for Critical Care, Sheehy’s Manual of Emergency Care, and Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2016
- Full-text journals: Top journals from Elsevier, including Journal of Emergency Nursing, Nurse Leader, AORN Journal and Journal for Nurse Practitioners
- Customizable Patient Education Handouts
- Clinical calculators: Drug, Clinical Criteria, Decision Tree, Medical, and Unit Conversion Calculators from EBMcalc are available to aid clinicians in assessment and decision-making
- Core Measures with Nursing recommendations
- Videos and Images
- Drug Monographs: Comprehensive information about U.S. prescription drugs, herbal supplements, nutritional, vitamin and OTC products
- Clinical updates: Best practice clinical articles awarding nursing contact hours, focused on specific patient care areas
- Integrated Dorland’s Dictionary
- Nursing Scales: Links to commonly used scales, such as the Wong-Baker FACES® Pain Rating Scale and NIH Stroke Scale
- Calculators: Drug calculators for IV, PO dosage and body surface area (BSA)
- Practice guidelines
- MEDLINE® Abstracts
- Clinical Trials