Agreement for the BIBSAM member institutions with Elsevier
Elsevier has entered a pilot agreement with BIBSAM on behalf of BIBSAM member institutions to enable continued reading access for Swedish researchers and to enable open access publishing. This agreement helps authors affiliated with member institutions of Swedish institutions to publish their research open access in Elsevier journals without having to pay an APC. The cost of publishing open access is covered under the terms of the agreement.
This agreement is effective until the end of December 2022.
Supporting authors in Sweden
This agreement supports corresponding authors affiliated with a Swedish participating institution, regardless of the department in which they work.
Authors who publish under this agreement can:
- Publish their peer-reviewed research open access, at no charge to the author.
- Publish eligible articles in a wide variety of participating Elsevier journals across disciplines.
- Rely on high-quality peer-review and experienced editorial support.
- The corresponding author must be affiliated with a participating institution.
- Articles must have an original submission date between 01.01.2020 and 31.12.2022.
Instructions for corresponding authors
- Once your article has been accepted for publication in a participating journal, you will receive an email containing a link to the “post-acceptance author journey”. Upon selecting the open access publishing option, your affiliation will be validated by your institution, and you will be informed if the APC will be covered by the agreement.
- Upon publication, your final published open access article will be made freely available on ScienceDirect, the world’s largest publishing platform, under your choice of open access license (CC BY or CC BY-NC-ND).
Other open access publishing options for authors
Swedish authors can continue to choose to publish under the subscription model and self-archive their manuscript (Green Open Access) in line with Elsevier’s sharing policy.
Learn more about the benefits of publishing open access with Elsevier by visiting our Open Access Author Hub