Elsevier-Austrian Institutions Agreement
Elsevier and Austrian Institutions have established an agreement to enable continued reading access for Austrian researchers and to enable open access publishing. When publishing in eligible Elsevier journals, authors will be able to choose to publish open access at no additional cost to the author.
This agreement is effective until the end of December 2023.
Supporting authors in the Austria
This agreement supports corresponding authors affiliated with a Austrian participating institution, regardless of the department in which they work.
Authors who publish under this agreement can:
- Publish their peer-reviewed research open access, at no charge to the author.
- Publish eligible articles in a wide variety of participating Elsevier journals across disciplines.
- Rely on high-quality peer-review and experienced editorial support.
- The author must be the corresponding author affiliated with an eligible institution
- The article must have a submission date between 1.1.2021 and 31.12.2023
Instructions for corresponding authors
- Once your article has been accepted for publication in a participating journal, you will receive an email containing a link to the “post-acceptance author journey”. Upon selecting the open access publishing option, your affiliation will be validated by your institution, and you will be informed if the APC will be covered by the agreement.
- Upon publication, your final published open access article will be made freely available on ScienceDirect, the world’s largest publishing platform, under your choice of open access license (CC BY or CC BY-NC-ND).
*If your original article was submitted prior to 1.1.2021 it may still be eligible as part of our previous pilot agreement in Austria. Once your article is accepted for publication and if you are shown the open access option stating your APC will be covered by the agreement, please select the OA option.
Green open access
Austrian authors can continue to choose to publish under the subscription model and self-archive their manuscript in line with Elsevier’s sharing policy.