Creating and managing a digital library
Library learning trends
Discover how to create and manage a digital library
As the shift to digital library collections continues to soar, librarians are requesting more information to maximize their digital collection and development practices. Are you interesting in learning more about the following topics?
- Demand-driven digital acquisitions
- Managing your technical environment
- Using altmetrics to measure your library’s impact
- Making e-collections discoverable to your patrons
Then download Creating and Managing a Digital Library, a free digest that includes chapter excerpts from the Chandos Library Information Sciences collection, books written for librarians by librarians. This digest is one of the volumes in Elsevier’s Library Learning Trends Series, which supports learning and development in librarianship.
The chapters in this digest include:
- A Climate of Demand, by Laura Costello, from the book Evaluating Demand-Driven Acquisitions
- Managing Digital Collections, by Susan Higgins, from the book Managing Academic Libraries
- Staffing the Libraries of the Future, by Richard Jost, from the book Selecting and Implementing an Integrated Library System
- Altmetrics and Research Support, by Sharon Q. Yang and Lili Li, from the book Emerging Technologies for Libraries
- eBook Discovery Metadata, by Donna E. Frederick, from the book Managing eBook Metadata in Academic Libraries
Fill in the form on the right to download the free digest.