3rd International Conference for Bioresource Technology for Bioenergy, Bioproducts & Environmental Sustainability
20–23 September 2020 | Rive del Garda Congress Centre, near Lake Garda, Italy
The 3rd Biennial International Conference on Bioresource Technology for Bioenergy, Bioproducts & Environmental Sustainability (BIORESTEC) will convene in September 2020, bringing together researchers in academia and industry, as well as policymakers, to discuss the progress made during the intervening two years and the latest trends in biotechnology, bioenergy, and biobased products.
The conference will build upon the successful 1st and 2nd BIORESTEC conferences held in 2016 and 2018.
The programme will be curated by a committee of world class academic leaders in their respective fields with key topic areas including:
- Pretreatment and de-construction of lignocellulose and algal biomass/bioresources
- Bioresources (including waste) recovery and recycling, including microbial electrochemical systems
- Bioresources for biofuels (liquid and gaseous)
- Bioresources for biobased chemicals & products, including gas fermentation and in situ product recovery
- Thermochemical conversion of bioresources (lignocellulose and algae)
- Biorefineries and white biotechnology
- Systems approach: Bioresource systems analysis, life cycle assessment (LCA), carbon accounting, nutrient-energy-water (NEW) nexus
- Industrial applications and up-scaling of bioprocesses
- Bioresource policy & economics