Elsevier’s cross-discipline platforms support your research journey, enable research and career management and empower you to make an even greater impact in your field
Researchers seek a digital environment where ideas can be exchanged, examined, and applied with tools that empower scientific, medical and technical knowledge. Elsevier’s platforms allow you to find and analyse data from over 5000 publishers via Scopus, access the leading ebooks and journal articles published by Elsevier on ScienceDirect and manage your research and showcase your profile via free services on Mendeley. These platforms make data and content easier to search, access, analyse and share.
What we offer
Elsevier’s cross-discipline platforms support your research journey, enable research and career management and empower you to make an even greater impact in your field.
The largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature, Scopus delivers an overview of the world's research output in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences and arts and humanities. Content from over 5,000 publishers is easily tracked, analysed and visualised.
Elsevier’s leading information solution that empowers over 15 million researchers, teachers, students, healthcare professionals and information professionals around the world to ensure that their work has more impact. ScienceDirect combines authoritative, full-text scientific, technical and health publications with smart, intuitive functionality so users can stay more informed and can work more effectively and efficiently. With over 14 million publications from over 3,800 journals and more than 35,000 books from Elsevier, our imprints and our society partners, ScienceDirect empowers smarter research.
A free reference manager and academic social network where you can organise your research, collaborate with others online and discover the latest research. To make Mendeley available to your institution, learn about the Mendeley Institutional Edition.
The leading world-wide pre-print open access repository and online community. A recent acquisition of Elsevier, SSRN will be further developed with Mendeley, Elsevier’s scholarly collaboration network, to provide users with leading content, data linking, enhanced metrics and researcher workflow tools, while Mendeley accelerates its social community strategy.
What we support
Elsevier’s research platforms support the research journey, from idea incubation, through conducting research, to impact analysis.
- Review literature from over 5,000 publishers on Scopus
- Track authors with the Scopus Author Evaluator
- Explore more through ScienceDirect Recommended Articles
- Discover research papers and public groups on Mendeley
- Find collaborators with the Scopus Author Identifier
- Analyse an author with the Scopus Author Evaluator
- View an author's h-index on Scopus
- Identify partners with the Scopus Affiliation Identifier
- Create private or public groups on Mendeley
- Jump-start your career with resources for Early Career Researchers
- Discover journals and books on ScienceDirect including open access content
- Learn what other researchers read with ScienceDirect recommended articles
- Gain a deeper understanding of an article by viewing images, interactive graphs, tables and figures on ScienceDirect
- Use Scopus to discover full-text content from over 5,000 publishers
- Export ScienceDirect and Scopus data to reference managers like Mendeley
- Share annotations and collaborate on Mendeley across any device
- Stay up-to-date with ScienceDirect and Scopus alerts
- Publish your book or paper with Elsevier
- Share your Elsevier article with colleagues and peers
- Choose where to publish with the Scopus journal analyser
- Use Scopus metrics to track journal and article impact
- Enrich your article with artwork and multimedia enhancements
- Consider open access publishing with Elsevier
- Build an online presence and show the world your professional research profile on Mendeley
- Check your Scopus author profile through our integration with ORCID
- Promote your work to colleagues and peers
- See your article downloads with our Article Usage Alert
- Track your performance with the Scopus citation tracker
Whom we serve
Elsevier supports researchers, teachers, students and information professionals working in academia, government and research & development organisations of all sizes.
Researchers & authors
We support you with access to authoritative full text and tools to help you manage, share and collaborate.
Teachers and students
Use Scopus, ScienceDirect and Mendeley to prepare lecture notes and share course materials based on trusted peer-reviewed content. Our platforms enable you to create an interactive learning experience so students can discover and read material, work together on papers and projects and prepare themselves for a successful research career.
- Use Scopus to drive information literacy and help students to understand the scientific publication landscape
- Access reliable information on ScienceDirect, from books to journals, including open access and complimentary access content
- Organise course materials, work together on papers and share information across any device with Mendeley
- Jump-start your research career with Elsevier’s resources for Early Career Researchers
Librarians & information professionals
Elsevier provides librarians and information professionals with world-class research platforms for you and your user communities. We offer specific resources that help you to manage your solutions portfolio, provide users with optimal access to the platforms and educate your user community to help them to make the most of what you offer.
- Join the Library Connect community and explore our dedicated resources for librarians
- Use resources on Elsevier’s Publishing Campus to create your own research guide
- Learn about the Mendeley Institutional Edition
- Learn about Elsevier open access and text & data mining options
- Explore Elsevier’s developers website to learn more about our APIs