Webinar recording: Superheroes to the Rescue: Battling the Challenges of Clinical Orientation and Retention
By Karen McCreary RN, BSN, MBA, Priscilla Bragg, MSN, MSEd, RAC-CT, and Tammy Purcell, MSN, RNC-OB
Hospitals are under constant pressure to reduce costs around clinical orientation and continuing education while also combating high turnover rates. The impact is staggering. Learn how you can become a Superhero to your organization by implementing key initiatives to battle the challenges. Hear first-hand success stories from guest Superheroes on how moving to standardized products has made a significant difference.
- Karen McCreary RN, BSN, MBA, Chief Operating Officer, Concordia Community Support Services
- Priscilla Bragg, MSN, MSEd, RAC-CT, Clinical Services Manager, Good Samaritan Society
- Tammy Purcell, MSN, RNC-OB, Clinical Nurse Executive, Elsevier
Elsevier Clinical Nursing strives to help organizations support all stages of their nurse’s journey with immersive, personalized education that empowers nurses to deliver the highest level of care. As a result, your organization can improve onboarding satisfaction and nurse retention rates, while also reducing the financial and patient care impact of turnover.
- NSI Nursing Solutions, Inc. (2018). 2018 national health care retention & RN staffing report. Retrieved from http://www.nsinursingsolutions.com/files/assets/library/retention-institute/nationalhealthcarernretentionreport2018.pdf
- Windey, M., Lawrence, C., Guthrie, K., Weeks, D., Sullo, E., & Chapa, D. (2015). A systematic review on interventions supporting preceptor development. Journal for Nurses in Professional Development, 31(6), 312–323.
- Adkins, A. (2016, May 12). Millennials: The job-hopping generation. Gallup Workplace. Retrieved from https://www.gallup.com/workplace/236474/millennials-job-hopping-generation.aspx
- Based on an 8 hour shift, 5 days a week, for 24 weeks (6 months).