Infographic: Enhancing the patient experience
By Elsevier Clinical Nursing
- 25% of survey respondents claim patient satisfaction is the top area in which healthcare organizations are experiencing issues.
- Over 60% of healthcare organizations reported that their patient engagement programs have elevated patient satisfaction, care plan adherence and overall quality metrics.
- 72% of healthcare organizations indicated that patient and caregiver education was the top strategy deployed to engage patients.
Elsevier Clinical Nursing can support your organization in its efforts to improve the patient experience by providing the right information, in the right way, when the patient is ready to learn. This empowers both the nurse and patient to meaningfully communicate and engage in care decisions which helps reduce costly variations in care, promote better outcomes and ensure consistency of care for a more satisfying patient experience.
- The Advisory Board Company (2015). Competing on Consumer Experience: Building brand loyalty through exceptional service, accessibility, and coordination.
- The Advisory Board Company (2104). Beyond Compliance: Patient Engagement from the Patient’s Perspective.
- Ann Kutney-Lee, Matthew D. McHugh, Douglas M. Sloane, Jeannie P. Cimiotti, Linda Flynn, Donna Felber Neff and Linda H. Aiken Health Affairs 28, no.4 (2009):w669-w677 Nursing: A Key To Patient
Satisfaction doi: 10.1377/hlthaff.28.4.w669 originally published online June 12, 2009 (http://content.healthaffairs.org/content/28/4/w669.full.pdf+html)