Highlights are a short collection of bullet points that convey the core findings and provide readers with a quick textual overview of the article. These three to five bullet points describe the essence of the research (e.g. results or conclusions) and highlight what is distinctive about it.
Highlights will be displayed in online search result lists, the contents list and in the online article, but will not (yet) appear in the article PDF file or print.
Author instructions: Highlights should be submitted as a separate source file in EES (i.e. Microsoft Word not PDF) by selecting "Highlights" from the drop-down list when uploading files. Please adhere to the specifications below
- Include 3 to 5 highlights.
- There should be a maximum of 85 characters, including spaces, per highlight.
- Only the core results of the paper should be covered.
- A conformational two-state mechanism for proton pumping complex I is proposed.
- The mechanism relies on stabilization changes of anionic ubiquinone intermediates.
- Electron-transfer and protonation should be strictly controlled during turnover.
- Fading of a script alone does not foster domain-general strategy knowledge.
- Performance of the strategy declines during the fading of a script.
- Monitoring by a peer keeps performance of the strategy up during script fading.
- Performance of a strategy after fading fosters domain-general strategy knowledge.
- Fading and monitoring by a peer combined foster domain-general strategy knowledge.