Elsevier Expands Neuroscience Portfolio with Eight New Books
by George Paxinos, John Byrne, George Koob, Pascal Wallisch and others on
display at Neuroscience 2014 in Washington, DC, November 16-19
Books edited by George Paxinos, John Byrne, George Koob, Pascal Wallisch and others on display at Neuroscience 2014 in Washington, DC, November 16-19
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, today announced the expansion of its neuroscience portfolio with eight new neuroscience books. These include the long-awaited fourth edition of The Rat Nervous System, edited by award-winning researcher, professor and author Dr. George Paxinos. The book's completely revised and updated content extends its reputation as the gold-standard reference for rat neuroanatomy. These and other books in its neuroscience portfolio are on display at Elsevier booth #115 at the Society for Neuroscience (SfN) annual meeting in Washington, DC, November 16-19.
- Read more about Dr. Paxinos and his new book, The Rat Nervous System, here
The new edition of The Rat Nervous System provides a fundamental analysis of the anatomy of all areas of the central and peripheral nervous systems, as well as an introduction to their functions. The structure, connections, and function are explained in detail and the book is beautifully illustrated so that even difficult concepts are rendered comprehensible.
Dr. Paxinos paved the way for future neuroscience research by being the first to produce a three-dimensional (stereotaxic) framework for placement of electrodes and injections in the brain of experimental animals, which is now used as an international standard. He is the author of nearly 50 books on the structure of the brain of humans and experimental animals, including numerous atlases and neuroimaging books.
Among the notable Elsevier titles being introduced at the SfN annual meeting are Drugs, Addiction, and the Brain by George Koob, Michael Arends and Michel Le Moal, and From Molecules to Networks, edited by John Byrne, Ruth Heidelberger and M. Neal Waxham, with both books presenting significant advances in the field.
Professor, researcher and blogger Dr. Pascal Wallisch will be signing his highly acclaimed book released last year, the second edition of MATLAB for Neuroscientists, from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm on November 16 and 17 in Elsevier's booth. Dr. Wallisch contributed an article to Elsevier Connect today on the neuroscience of psychopathy and it can be read here.
The new neuroscience books are:
- The Rat Nervous System, Fourth Edition by George Paxinos
- Drugs, Addiction, and the Brain by George Koob, Michael Arends and Michel Le Moal
- From Molecules to Networks: An Introduction to Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience, Third Edition by John Byrne, Ruth Heidelberger and M. Neal Waxham
- Neurobiology of Brain Disorders: Biological Basis of Neurological and Psychiatric Disorders by Michael Zigmond, Joseph Coyle and Lewis Rowland
- Rosenberg's Molecular and Genetic Basis of Neurological and Psychiatric Disease, Fifth Edition by Roger Rosenberg and Juan Pascual
- Neurobiology of Social Behavior: Toward an Understanding of the Prosocial and Antisocial Brain by Michael Numan
- Movement Disorders: Genetics and Models, Second Edition by Mark LeDoux
- Neuromuscular Disorders of Infancy, Childhood, and Adolescence: A Clinician's Approach, Second Edition by Basil Darras, H. Royden Jones, Jr., Monique Ryan and Darryl De Vivo (available in early December)
The books are available on the Elsevier Store and on ScienceDirect, Elsevier's full-text scientific database offering journal articles and book chapters from over 2,200 peer-reviewed journals and more than 25,000 book titles.
Notes for Editors
Review copies of the books are available to credentialed journalists upon request. Contact Michelle McMahon at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 781 663 2268.
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress. Elsevier provides web-based, digital solutions — among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Research Intelligence and ClinicalKey— and publishes over 2,500 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and more than 35,000 book titles, including a number of iconic reference works. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.elsevier.com
Publicity Manager, Science & Technology Books
+1 781 663 2268