Elsevier Announces Six New Book Titles on the Applications of Advanced Materials
Author Dr. Jack Lemons to receive 2015 Acta
Biomaterialia Gold Medal Award at Society for Biomaterials 2015 Annual Meeting
Author Dr. Jack Lemons to receive 2015 Acta Biomaterialia Gold Medal Award at Society for Biomaterials 2015 Annual Meeting & Expo
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, today announced the publication of six new books focused on the applications of advanced materials. The introduction of these books coincides with the Society for Biomaterials 2015 Annual Meeting and Exposition, held April 15-18 in Charlotte, NC.
- Learn more about what Elsevier editors and authors are doing at the conference here.
Also at the Society for
Biomaterials Annual Meeting, Dr. Jack Lemons, University Professor of
Biomedical Engineering at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of
Engineering, will receive the highly acclaimed 2015 Acta Biomaterialia Gold
Medal Award. He has co-authored or edited 10 books, published more than 200
journal articles, and contributed more than 600 presentations and abstracts at
scientific meetings. Recent Elsevier books include Biomaterials
Science, 3rd Edition: An Introduction to Materials in Medicine and the Biomedical
Engineering Desk Reference. His central
research theme focuses on surgical implant biomaterial-to-host interactions as
related to biocompatibility under functional conditions.
The Acta Biomaterialia award recognizes excellence and leadership in biomaterials, including basic science and translation to practice. Published by Elsevier, Acta Biomaterialia is an international journal of peer-reviewed original research reports, review papers and communications in the field of biomaterials science.
The six new books on the applications of advanced materials are:
- Switchable and Responsive Surfaces and Materials for Biomedical Applications by Johnathan Zhang
- Medical Modelling: The Application of Advanced Design and Rapid Prototyping Techniques in Medicine, Second Edition by Richard Bibb, Dominic Eggbeer and Abby Paterson
- Biomedical Textiles for Orthopaedic and Surgical Applications: Fundamentals, Applications and Tissue Engineering by Todd Blair
- Surface Coating and Modification of Metallic Biomaterials by Cuie Wen
- Advances in Silk Science and Technology by Arindam Basu (coming in May 2015)
- Regenerative Engineering of Musculoskeletal Tissues and Interfaces by Syam Nukavarapu, Joseph Freeman and Cato Laurencin (coming in May 2015)
The books are available on the Elsevier Store and on ScienceDirect, Elsevier’s full-text scientific database offering journal articles and book chapters from over 2,500 peer-reviewed journals and more than 33,000 book titles.
Notes for Editors
Review copies of the books are available to credentialed journalists upon request. Contact Michelle McMahon at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 781 663 2268.
Elsevier is a global information analytics company that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancet and Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray's Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a world-leading provider of information and analytics to professionals and business customers, in a wide range of industries. www.elsevier.com
Publicity Manager, Science & Technology Books
+1 781 663 2268