Elsevier to Showcase Broad Set of Solutions for Improved Care and Better Patient Outcomes at HIMSS14
Integrated clinical solutions suite from Elsevier
on display at annual meeting to help healthcare providers 'Seize Today, Control
Integrated clinical solutions suite from Elsevier on display at annual meeting to help healthcare providers 'Seize Today, Control Tomorrow'
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of
scientific, technical and medical information products and services, will
demonstrate its integrated clinical solutions suite at booth #6352 at the
Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS14) annual meeting in
Orlando, FL, February 23-27.
"Clinical and operational excellence are constantly top-of-mind for hospital CIOs, CMIOs and CNIOs amid the ever-evolving healthcare landscape," said Jay Katzen, President of Elsevier Clinical Solutions. "Our integrated clinical solutions help these hospital executives effectively manage the many moving parts needed to provide quality care and run a successful business.
"From evidence-based clinical information to clinical practice transformation and patient education, Elsevier offers a wide range of solutions to meet the needs of clinical leaders now and in the future," Katzen said.
Addressing the needs of hospital executives, Elsevier's integrated suite of clinical solutions includes:
- Workflow & Decision Support
- Patient Engagement
- Clinical Reference
- Drug Reference
- Performance Management
Elsevier will extend its involvement at HIMSS14 through a number of events during the conference, including:
- Innovation Symposium: Jonathan Teich, MD, PhD, Elsevier's Chief Medical Informatics Officer, will co-chair the Innovation Symposium, "Health IT innovation: From Concept to Results," all day on Sunday, February 23, in Room 300. He will give the introductory presentation and moderate several sessions on the symposium agenda.
- CDS Presentation: Dr. Teich will also present on "Improving Outcomes with CDS #1" at the Physicians' Symposium, from 1:45-2:15 pm, Sunday, February 23, at Room 224.
- Education Session: Michelle Troseth, MSN, RN, DPNAP, FAAN, and Elsevier's Chief Professional Practice Officer, will moderate at Education Session 10 on "Revolutionizing and Innovating Leaders: Driving Healthcare for the Future" at 10-11 am, Monday, February 24, in Room 300.
- Connected Patient Learning Gallery: Elsevier Clinical Solutions will showcase its patient engagement solutions in Hall A / Booth 2383, and feature speaking sessions by Ann Fury, RN, MBA, NC-BC of Brigham and Women's Hospital on Tuesday, February 24, from 2:45–3:15 pm and Wednesday, February 25 from 11:30 am – 12 pm.
- Special CPM Toast: Elsevier will welcome its CPM customers with a special reception and toast at its booth, #6352, from 5-6 pm, Monday, February 24, in recognition of the recent KLAS designation of Elsevier CPM as a Category Leader in the "CDS – Order Sets and Care Plans" category.
- TIGER Reception: As TIGER Board Co-Chair, Troseth will also make introductions at the TIGER Meet & Greet reception from 4-5:30 pm, Tuesday, February 25, in Gallery 333B.
- Calling All Thought Leaders: Elsevier Clinical Solutions will encourage healthcare thought leaders at HIMSS14 to communicate their perspectives on some of the industry's most important topics and challenges at its real-time interactive booth experience. A touchscreen kiosk will enable attendees to provide input and insights related to a set of thought-provoking questions, and each participant's contribution will be displayed on a large screen at the booth. Participants can win prizes.
- eHI Reception: Elsevier Clinical Solutions is sponsoring the eHealth Initiative "Mardi Gras Cocktail Reception" on Monday, February 24, from 6-8 pm, at the Rosen Centre Hotel, Salon 16 (access from the convention center via sky bridge). RSVP here.
# # #
Elsevier is a global information analytics company that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancet and Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray's Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries. www.elsevier.com
Director, Corporate Relations
+1 917 704 5174 (mobile)