Elsevier has established an agreement with CRUI – the Italian consortium - to incentivize Italian authors at eligible institutions to publish open access in applicable Elsevier journals. Authors can continue to publish under the subscription model, making their articles available green open access.
Gold open access
- Italian authors at eligible institutions can publish their article open access in an open access journal or in an established journal which supports open access publishing.
- When publishing in applicable Elsevier journals, the participating institution will pay the Article Publishing Charge on behalf of the author.
- Elsevier's open access publication fees range between c$150 and c$5000 US Dollars excluding tax and are journal specific. Specific pricing information can be found on the journal homepage.
- On publication, the final published article will be made freely available on ScienceDirect under the author’s choice of reuse license (CC-BY and CC-BY-NC-ND).
Green open access
- In addition to Elsevier and CRUI’s open access agreement, Italian authors can continue to choose to publish under the subscription model and self-archive their manuscript (green open access) in line with Elsevier’s sharing policy.