ESMO Events 2021
Welcome to our ESMO Virtual Congress landing page. Here you can find out more about ESMO’s flagship portfolio and Elsevier’s Oncology Journal Network, and browse our special conference article collections.
The ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress is a global meeting offering an advanced educational programme and the latest scientific developments in this promising field.
From the basics of immunotherapies to the latest research results; from understanding different treatment options to the management of toxicities and interpretation of new data, the ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress will cater to the diverse needs of oncology stakeholders with an interest in this topical field of cancer treatment.
Below a collection of papers recently published in ESMO’s premier journals carefully selected to reflect the themes of the meeting.
Annals of Oncology
- ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline update on the use of immunotherapy in early stage and advanced renal cell carcinoma
T. Powles, L. Albiges, A. Bex, V. Grünwald, C. Porta, G. Procopio, M. Schmidinger, C. Suárez, G. de Velasco, on behalf of the ESMO Guidelines Committee ∗
- Manufacture of adoptive cell therapies at academic cancer centers: scientific, safety and regulatory challenges
K.S. Saini, I.M. Svane, M. Juan, F. Barlesi, F. André
- Therapeutic cancer vaccines revamping: technology advancements and pitfalls
G. Antonarelli, C. Corti, P. Tarantino, L. Ascione, J. Cortes, P. Romero, E.A. Mittendorf, M.L. Disis, G. Curigliano
- Emerging targets for anticancer vaccination: PD-1
J. Tobias, P. Steinberger, M. Drinić, U. Wiedermann
- Checkpoint inhibitors, fertility, pregnancy, and sexual life: a systematic review
M. Garutti, M. Lambertini, F. Puglisi
- Avelumab in patients with previously treated metastatic Merkel cell carcinoma (JAVELIN Merkel 200): updated overall survival data after >5 years of follow-up
S.P. D'Angelo, S. Bhatia, A.S. Brohl, O. Hamid, J.M. Mehnert, P. Terheyden, K.C. Shih, I. Brownell, C. Lebbé, K.D. Lewis, G.P. Linette, M. Milella, H. Xiong, G. Guezel, P.T. Nghiem
Immuno-Oncology and Technology
- Polycomb repressive complex 2 mutations predict survival benefit in advanced cancer patients treated with immune checkpoint inhibitors
- Integrated functional and spatial profiling of tumour immune responses induced by immunotherapy: the iPROFILER platform
V.H. Koelzer, P. Herzig, I. Zlobec, V. Heinzelmann, D. Lardinois, E. Walseng, C. Rader, K.D. Mertz, A. Zippelius, D.S. Thommen
- The (re)discovery of tumor-intrinsic determinants of immune sensitivity by functional genetic screens
D.W. Vredevoogd †, G. Apriamashvili †, D.S. Peeper
ESMO’s Journal Portfolio
While diverse in nature and in content, these journals offer ESMO members and the oncology community a highly visible platform to publish important scientific studies, and a highly credible source for educational updates. Elsevier is the proud publisher of Annals of Oncology, Immuno-Oncology and Technology (IOTECH) and from January 2021 ESMO Open.