Elsevier Article Transfer Service
The shortest path to publication
Submitting your paper for publication is a critical point in the research cycle, and finding the right journal for your work can be challenging. It may be that your first choice of journal turns out not to be the right one, requiring you to look elsewhere to publish. Enter the Elsevier Article Transfer Service...
What is the Elsevier Article Transfer Service?
At Elsevier, we understand that authors are unique, and each paper is different. That’s why our expert editorial teams and matching technology are ready to help you find the best destination for your paper if your initial submission isn’t successful. We know your time is valuable, which is why we’ve got systems to ensure that the transfer process is as seamless and efficient as possible.
Find the best home for your paper, quickly and easily. Take advantage of Elsevier Article Transfer Service.
The transfer process, step by step
If you receive a transfer offer by email after rejection:
- Accept your offer by clicking on the link to start;
- Select the destination journal of your choice from the suggested alternative journals;
- Complete your submission, making revisions if necessary, at the destination journal.
Your transferred submission will be assessed by the editors of the destination journal. You will be informed of the outcome as soon as a decision has been made.
The instructions for article transfer were very clear and easy to follow. The whole process became very easy as a result.
The benefits of accepting an article transfer
You’ve submitted your paper and unfortunately received a rejection, either before or after peer review. But thanks to Elsevier Article Transfer Service, you have been suggested more suitable journals. What does this offer mean for you?
You can find the best home for your paper.
We determine the best match for your paper by evaluating:
- Scope – the journal’s scope and the interests of the readership.
- Article type – is it long or short, primary research or reviews, a case report or a perspective?
- Performance – we examine data such as acceptance rates and the performance of previous transfers.
Our recommendations are based on the input of a journal’s editors, the insights of our Scientific Managing Editors, and/or the matching capabilities of our learning algorithms.
This transfer service helped me a lot to decide the final journal target for my manuscript. We transferred the work without any problem and finally the work was accepted and published in the suggested journal. I recommend the service.
- An author
You can reduce effort spent on resubmissions.
Resubmitting a paper can be complicated and cumbersome. Our goal is to make the transfer process as seamless as possible for our authors.
- Your paper will flow through our editorial submission system, which makes transferring to another Elsevier journal an easy option.
- We’ll make the decision-making process smoother by sharing the rationale for our recommendations whenever possible.
- In many instances, you won’t need to reformat your paper but you have the option to make revisions if you want to.
- Authors who receive an enhanced offer can be guaranteed conditional acceptance, peer-review or fast-track processing by the destination journal.
We will guide you through the transfer process every step of the way.
It was a smooth hassle-free process from transfer to publication. Good support from the team.
- Dr. Anugya Bhatt (Author)
You can publish your article as quickly as possible.
Authors like you don’t have time to waste. Transferring your article within Elsevier reduces time to publication.
- Avoid the time required to start the publication process from scratch.
- Quickly identify the journals where your paper has the highest chance of acceptance.
- If the transfer takes place post-review, we will share referee comments with the destination journal so that they can make decisions more quickly and you can focus on refining your paper.
Spend less time on submissions and more time on your research with Elsevier Article Transfer Service.
My experience with the transfer service was excellent. It sped up the publication process, even though the original journal rejected it. I do not have any negative experiences associated with the transfer, and I will use the transfer service again in the future.
- An author
How are transfer recommendations made?
Our article transfer recommendations are based on multiple factors including:
Elsevier journal editors use their expertise to analyze manuscripts, provide guidance, and make recommendations for transfers. Our global team of dedicated Scientific Managing Editors, who are all subject-matter experts, take a personal approach to each manuscript they assess and strive to support your journey to acceptance.
Meet our Scientific Managing Editors
We have developed matching algorithms to assess data on topics, citations, acceptance rates, and more to identify the best home for your paper.
- For more information on the benefits of article transfer, please read “Helping authors find the best home for their article” on Editors’ Update.
- When preparing your submission, tips on writing skills are available on Elsevier’s Researcher Academy, a free e-learning platform.
- When considering the first journal for your submission, Elsevier’s Journal Finder helps you find potentially suitable journals for your article, and tips for finding the right journal are available on Elsevier’s Researcher Academy.