Sharing and promoting your article
Sharing research, accomplishments and ambitions with a wider audience makes you more visible in your field. This helps you get cited more, enabling you to cultivate a stronger reputation, promote your research and move forward in your career. Sharing your article is an important part of research and it’s important to share responsibly.
As an author, you benefit from sharing the appropriate version of your article which ensures that:
- You always receive credit – you need to be cited accurately, which will also ensure that services such as your personal Stats dashboard records your citations correctly
- The integrity of the Scientific Record is not compromised - you should always direct readers to the most up to date version of your article - a link to the published journal article.
- You make use of services we offer – Sharelinks are a personal, customized short link that provides free access to your article for 50 days
Responsible sharing in line with copyright enables publishers to sustain high quality journals and the services they provide to the research community. Elsevier supports responsible sharing and responsible sharing platforms and we adhere to the voluntary sharing principles of the STM Association.
Promote your article
Now that your article is published, you can promote it to make a bigger impact with your research.
- Consider search engine optimization and keywords to help readers discover your article
- Think about promoting your article through social media and press
- Decide how you will share your article
- Monitor your article's impact with article level metrics
A word about gold Open Access articles
If you have chosen to publish your article Open Access, you can share according to the end user license selected:
- CC-BY licensed articles may be shared with anyone, on any platform or via any communication channel.
- CC-BY-NC-ND licensed articles may be shared on non-commercial platforms only.